HybridZ

Post Your Interior Photos!

zfever

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

thanks sparks, they are FD rx7 seats, which i think is series 6+. the install was pretty easy, probably around an hour a seat max using the rx7 rails. however i ended up modifying the drivers side one to sit lower and more centered though which took me atleast 4 hours as i dont have the correct tools!

the best writeup for information on the install that i found, and was inspired by is http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23226 and i have more of a writeup on my install on viczcar :D

To the original starter of this Thread and ALL

Couple of years ago I started creating what I call a Z CAR SHOWCASE photo display at my ZPARTS.COM website, divided into a lot of sub galleries devoted to excellent examples of customized Z cars, mostly taken by myself at shows and some of my customer's cars. I have a sub gallery there titled "Customizing" under which is an "Interiors" gallery of aprox 12 photos that might inspire many of you to new heights of ambition in your interior customizing projects. There you will see green cloth, red leather and dyed plastic interiors as well as "maxed" white sound systems and enough toggle and rocker switches with ready lights to equal anything the Apollo space mission capsual had on board.

Direct URL to my Z CAR SHOWCASE is http://www.zparts.com/showcase/zcsc/default.html

To locate the Photo Sub Gallery menu stucture click on the square icon at far left on the control panel strip to locate the "Customizing/Interiors" gallery group.

Enjoy,

Sleek Z

thanks sparks, they are FD rx7 seats, which i think is series 6+. the install was pretty easy, probably around an hour a seat max using the rx7 rails. however i ended up modifying the drivers side one to sit lower and more centered though which took me atleast 4 hours as i dont have the correct tools!

the best writeup for information on the install that i found, and was inspired by is http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=23226 and i have more of a writeup on my install on viczcar :D

Whats "FD" and then "series 6+" stand for? My seats are shot and I dont have money for new ones. Im gonna check the local junkyard for some RX-7's once I fighure out what they mean.

Ill have some interior picture in about 6 months.

Whats "FD" and then "series 6+" stand for? My seats are shot and I dont have money for new ones. Im gonna check the local junkyard for some RX-7's once I fighure out what they mean.

Ill have some interior picture in about 6 months.

FD is a chasis name, series...is well a series. Ill use Initial D to explain :)

Series 1/2 were the old door wedges

Series 4/5 Were the FC (RE: Ry Takahasi)

Series 7/8 Were the FD (RE: KT Takahashi) The latest RX-7

Series 3 and 6 fit in there somewhere, just cant remember how, a quick google will let you know.

I have those fd seats in my 240 as well and I love them!

n1106806_30147742_5073.jpg

I used the 240 rails but swapped the drivers for the passenger side and they worked great, just had to trim the seatbottom a little.

here is the somewhat nicer interior of the 280 2+2 I got recently

n1106806_30595621_3646.jpg

n1106806_30595622_3910.jpg

What do those gauges in the door panel do?

Fill in the holes I drilled:) Actually, theyre extra gauges for vacuum/boost, voltage, etc. Im looking for a good looking clock too. Will need EGT one day, and maybe some wideband O2 stuff.

I figured a boost gauge that I can see and one for the passenger should be entertaining enough.

Some of you guys have some sick interiors. Here's mine.

100_2711.jpg

Did you do that yourself??? Looks expensive :mrgreen: I like that Z-on-the-ceiling touch; not many will know it's there. Cool. Looks like Alcantera (faux suede?)??

Davy

fd seats sit higher, they were AU$400, but asking around i got quoted from $300-$600, just no one had stock except this guy was getting them in, waited a couple of months and i'm happy, a good mix between stock looking and recaro type look.

DeusEx has a good point regarding his ass not fitting in them, they are quite tight seats, the tightest OEM seats i've sat in, besides ones with electronic side adjustment stuff. the way i have them mounted they sit higher, using the 240z rails sounds interesting, and i was thinking of doing that but didn't really try it at all. i cut out the base of the drivers rail so it would sit lower, and if you were excited you could always bolt them to the floor or something else...

owen ur car makes me want to bog the hell out of a cracked dash and get it glossy, it is just another awesome looking thing you've done to your car! but i think you need the "z" in the roof like davyz for it to b the ultimate :D