HybridZ

Pics of my 280Z body mods

v8wannabe2

The powder coating cost around $120. To widen the rear quarters, I butt welded the new panels on 1.25" out on each side. I cut the old panel off at the edge where it angles down and left an extra 1.25" of metal on the new panel. Had to fab up some pieces to blend in behind the doors. If that makes sense.

What door poppers did you use? How did the install go?

The poppers are actually from 2 trunk popper kits (heavier pull), I made some adjustable springs to push the door open once released. A lot of tinkering around with linkages to get it right, but not really a big deal.

• 2 weeks later...
I filled in my rear vents aswell, and I planeed on filling the seams by the headlights. Looks GREAT! Thanks for being brave enough to do this?

Did you weld it? Or did you bondo it? Car looks great.

I welded it with a 110v mig. The headlight seam was pretty easy, most of the work went into the rear quarters. They are about 2.5 inches wider that stock because of the way I butt welded the new rear quarters on. A lot of time went into things most people don't even notice (filled in cowl, deleted B pillar emblem, shaved door handles, shaved drip rails)