HybridZ

LS1 exhaust?

Hold on there. You need to rethink that combo. The T5 is not a direct bolt up to the LS1 and it cannot handle the power of the LS1 anyway. Second JTR does not make an LS1 mount kit. Lastly, block huggers will not work on the LS1 in a Datsun as the Hooker block huggers would be running right into the JCI kit and/or the steering shaft. Lastly, straight pipes will get you pulled over very quickly. I have a 3 inch exhuast with a Summit brand 3 inch turbo muffler on it. It isn't too loud and sounds pretty good, especially at wide open throttle. And it isn't loud enough to get me a ticket. a single 2 1/2 inch exhaust would extremely choke an LS1.

Ok, you can use the block huggers from JTR (sanderson headers) with the JCI mount kit for the LS1. Straight pipes will give you permanant hearing damage as well as problems with the local police- I know how they are in Spirit Lake- I got a ticket there once (School zone violation at 7am on a Saturday morning). And if you want to run a manual trans with an LS1 a T56 is the only way to go. As pop said above SEARCH and you shall find.

• 1 month later...