HybridZ

Update as of 2/25/07

as my humble 2 car garage [built in 1959] isn't too big and i don't have [yet] a 110 circuit that can support a compressor, the cut off stuff had to be done by hand...

my entire swap was done in my garage with plain old hand tools...

You guys are "da man". I used my cut off tool, grinder, welder, air tools, etc, and that was just to get stuff ready. Intead of a hammer where the back up switch is, I just used a blunt ended pry bar and just pushed the tunnel a little.

Mike

I have a 30 gallon 5.5 hp compressor and I can tell you it cant keep up with a cutoff wheel at all. It gets max rpms for about 20 seconds and then its downhill from there. If you are gonna use a grinder or cutoff wheel id be looking at a much bigger compressor than 30 gallons/5.5 hp or an electric one. It works great fo an impact gun, ratchet and hvlp paint gun and thats about it.

I've only had to push out the side near the front on the passengers side. Very subtle and not much - oh yeah and grind off a stray tang on the T56 .... but then again I'm making my own mounts so can't say for the JCI mounts. And I definitely had to remove the stock mounts.

PS - I'm running the entire garage on one 15A circuit - including Miller 135 & compressor. I've never had a problem with the welder but the compressor will trip the breaker if it's cold and there are too many lights on or if I forget to turn off the little electric oil filled space heater. The chop saw will do the same but otherwise I've had no problems.

Cameron

Ok so I am home for Spring Break but was able to get something done on the car finally with the JCI tranny mount. I had to get the mount cout about 1/2 inch on the pasn side to clear the frame rails. Also cut down the fins around the rev switch which is real easy to do. I did massage the tranny tunnel as you can tell from the pic (alil more than I needed) but I wanted to make sure the mount was tight in the tunnel. I also had to cut off a section on the floor reinforcement that goes on the inside of the car because it would not clear the tranny tunnel. I slotted the wholes in case I have to adj the tranny over to the pasn side some more. Like stated before the motor mounts are great....tranny different story! So now motor and tranny is being held on its own. Also bolted up my new adj LCA from Brian which are very nice by the way. With this LCA I can change caster, camber and toe really easy without screwing around with other nuts n bolts. Also put the FairLady mirrors on just for pics to see what they look like. Some questions you might have from the pics.....yes the baddog rails have surface rust and yes it has a crappy weld job to it...answer...I welded it and plan on have this prof welded correct my work and I forgot to spray some primer on it last year. No the LCA is not in its final assembly position. Now some pics:

Tranny_In.JPG

Old_vs_New.JPG

LCA.JPG

FairLady_Mirrors.JPG

1tuffz_winter_06-07.JPG

As you can see my Z has good company in the garage. lol Keeping my fingers cross for an early graduation gift that I do have to pay back. I asked my parents to borrow 3k so I can get the car "start and maybe move under its own power" by my bday in April. I got the ok with strict rules of repayment.... not a problem with me. So now I have to source LS1 tank....get that all fabbed in, fuel lines, harness etc. I think I am going to be selling the SS fuel lines so I will let you guys know. If I get a really good offer then I will let you know faster.....

Looking good Clive,

I am sorry for not getting back to you sooner about the guages. I have the Autometer Ultralite Electric Speedo and Tach, and the other guages are stock. I am changing the faces to white face guage templates.