HybridZ

I'm Dissapointed With Myself..Got Caught Up In Road Rage Tonight! Long!

slownrusty

i used to keep a half full soda in arms reach, so if someone didd cut me off or did something really stupid in front of me, i could just toss it at their windshield..

Carefull with that, did you know that its considered assault with a missle if you throw something out a moving vehicle. Idk if this is maybe just in VA. A guy I know got arrested for using a missle when he threw a bottle at somebody from a moving car.

There was recently a lady in VA that was caught up in road rage when a guy cut her off, so she threw her McDonalds Sweet Tea into the guys car(window was down). A cop was close by and saw this, she got arrested for assault with a missile, she is now serving 2 years.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to intall a paintball gun in the back and pop off a couple of shots at the cars body.

jimbo

...and Jim, we'll be seeing you head off to prison for sure if you pull that one. I'm not kidding. Cops won't like a "firearm" in the vehicle. Don't do that.

Yasin, it's just not worth it. You can't teach an A-hole a lesson--they're that way for a reason. Let them go on and reap the benefit of the seeds they sow. "Live by the sword, die by the sword." It'll come back to them, and maybe in the worst way to. You don't have to worry about guys like that. They will pay, but just make sure you're not the one who makes them do it. You can be liable for pulling off stuff like that, especially if there are witnesses and if someone gets hurt.

Davy

Guest TeamNissan
This is the whole reason to install an additional washer sprayer in the rear of the car with your choice of any particular liquid... :D

Thats funny lol.

I always wanted to have a set of fog lights on the back of my car for people that high beam me :-).

"There was recently a lady in VA (who)... threw her McDonalds Sweet Tea into the guys car... got arrested for assault with a missile, she is now serving 2 years.

Two years in prison for assault with sweet tea? Now THAT'S a sour conviction. Sad for her but funny (in a way) regarding the intelligence of our [deleted due to political content].

EDIT: I mean this ^^^ in a very non-political way.

Yasin,

I'm glad you got home OK.

I learned the hard way when I was a teenager about the consequences of road rage.

I was taking my GF to class at the local college and took an off ramp that looped back over the freeway and made a jog as it crossed several streets. I was going the speed limit and there were other cars around when this guy pulls out in front of me from a side street and crosses into the lane next to me. I missed him just barely and as I passed gave him one of those "you dumb ****" looks and continued on thinking the incident was over. About a block later I notice something in my rearview mirror and look to see the guy behind me gesturing angrily. I flip the bird and then ignore him. No sooner did I turn away and the guy is next to my car throwing stuff out his window at us. I'm thinking "great, I hope I don't have to stop at a red light anytime soon" and sure enough, next intersection is a red light. The guy jumps out of his truck, comes over to my side of the car and starts beating on the window. I tell my GF to lock her door and keep the window rolled up but she wants to try to reason with the guy and starts to get out. Fortunately my window breaks and glass flys everywhere, cutting my GFs nose. Apparently the guy's anger wore off real fast at this point because he jumped in his truck and took off.

Turned out the guy had a history of this type of behavior and he agreed to pay to fix the window and for the medical bills. We didn't charge him criminally though as the detective told us I could be held partially at fault because I "flipped him off".

Did I learn my lesson? You bet I did.

Do I still brake check people if they're following to close? Sometimes.

Wheelman

Carrying off duty can be challenging, and people are stupid. I've seen it, I've been there, and unless they are really up to pushing the issue, I just look at them and laugh...hard! Don't put yourself in a compromising position, or that of your family. You need to pick your fights, on your terms. Better said, "just consider the source and shine them on!"

When I was in Texas, I used to get high-beamed all the time. I wasn't cutting anyone off or anything, it's just that people in there lifted trucks loved to f--k with the little guys. It eventually got so annoying that I spent a half-hour learning which angles my rearview mirrors would have to be in order to reflect it back into his/her eyes.

It was marginally successful, but because of those guys trying to impress their recent pulls from bars/clubs, I was this close to buying one of those hand-held, high-powered spotlights.

I agree with Two40MuscleZ, and if you do pick a battle, use overwhelming force and end it quick!

Yup, What Chris (Savageskater) mentioned just went to trial here in Va. It is considered a F-E-L-O-N-Y! That's no fun and serious Assrammin'prison time...

Check the anger, and drive to survive. Remember, We're all in the same world and it isn't worth ruining the rest of your life to show the other person or "teach" them a lesson...

And Van, I'm with you... Carrying consealed is a challenge when confronted with idiots.

Mike

i lvie in austin whenever ppl get to close to my z ride my ass or cut me off i leave em alone. however if they persist ill cut em off and make sure thy see the loaded 12 ga in the back window. in texas its fully legal to carry a loaded long arm in a gun rack. hell ive had it beetween the center consol and front seat beenpulled over and gotten no ♥♥♥♥ for it. and it was loaded then too!

All great replies thanks for all chiming in...this road rage thing just pi$$es me off, but sadly its part of everyday life.

The scariest road range I witnessed: A few years ago, I actually saw two Italian guys driving a sweet Fox body Convertible 'Stang, lowered, DECH Kit, Simmons Wheels etc etc, they cut off a Cement truck as they were driving like a$$es in and out of traffic showing off. Low and behold the light turns red, the Cement truck pulls in behind the 'Stang, two monster guys come out of the cement truck, drag the Italian guys out of the 'Stang and pummel them for several minutes, I have never seen so much blood!

Yasin

theres ALWAYS a few total #$#$%%^ people on the road, I had a guy pull up behind me in the car pool lane at about 90mph,(i was doing the speed limit 70MPH) and start flasking lights and blowing the horn, well it took me about 10-15 seconds to move to the center lane, due to traffic in the center lane, which pissed him off royally, when I moved to let him pass he came along side and shot me a bird then swung violently into my lane trying to have his rear bumper impact his rear ....I jammed on the brakes and the wife started screaming, I told her to get on the cell phone and call the FHP, she got them on the line, and the guy kept repeating the move trying to cause an accident, I pulled over into the median and this jerk pulls over about 100 yards ahead and gets out and starts screaming and gesturing.....by this time my wifes freaking and screaming a running dialog to the FHP dispacher....about 10 minutes passed before the FHP showed up, by that time he had approached to about 30 yards ,carrying a lug wrench , they (FHP)came with three cars, the first stopped at his car the next at mine and a third at mine, a discussion insued where this guy claimed I hit his car.......I asked the hiway patrol guys to inspect each car as that was not true and ask them if he was crazy or on drugs...at that point the morron made the big mistake of punching the FHP guy......well you can pretty much figure out that the morron got arrested, and we got told we could go if we didn,t want to press charges (they listed a bunch of stuff he could be charged with) and yes it turned out he was out of his mind on several differant drugs.

the FHP asked what I would have done if the guy had attacked....I said lets just say he would loose that option PERMENANTLY, if I was forced to protect my self, and ONLY if I was forced to defend myself and there was zero chance his lug wrench would win.

the wife later ask how I remaind so cool under stress....I said look we had the FHP on the phone and I was fully capable of dropping this morron on the spot,, it was obvious he was nuts and help was on the way.....he was lucky he didn,t push over the edge into dirrect contact....he would be dead. cars can be replaced but you defend your family!

I can,t believe morrons like that guy! I garauntee if he repeated that sevral times in the future he would eventually find someone who was far less restrained that I was that would have run him down or shot his dumb ass, well before the point I was waiting for him to cross

BTW I ran into that same FHP officer at a local coffee shop about 8 years later, and ask him if he remembered the call, he told me he did and was amazed at my restraint.....he also told me the guy started a fight in the FHP car when they tried to take hime away after we left and had several prior DWI arrests

"When I was in Texas, I used to get high-beamed all the time... I was this close to buying one of those hand-held, high-powered spotlights."

I knew a guy in high school who installed four of the 1M candlepower spotlights on his rear deck facing backward. When someone would tailgate or bright is rear-view, he simply "bright-ed them back". This usually just teed the antagonist off even more... one waved a gun at him... another tried to run him off the road. Sadly, the last one was fatal... to the rear-facing high-beams that is. It was a cop trying to read his license plate, heh, heh.:mrgreen:

I don't think a nice, soild "brake check" qualifies as road rage.. I was expecting to read that you returned the favor and crawled up his tail with your highbeams on.. THAT would qualify as road rage.. Quite Frankly, SOME of us are better drivers than others. When you recognize that you, as a driver, are: ALWAYS using your turn signals; change lanes, accelerate, decelerate, etc properly; and if you keep a certain awareness of the road ahead of and behind and around you, then you (in my mind) have a right, almost a responsibility to try to "enforce" proper behavior in others, MOSTLY by positive example.. but in a situation like this, mr HJ needs to understand that he was wrong..

Personally, I have considered installing a white light of variable intensity onto the back bumper, to give the tailgaters, (and anyone with high beams on behind you, for that matter,) a nice quick signal that they are being douchebags.. A marquee sign would be nice, too, but hard to control while driving..

Maybe a marquee sign with voice control!!

Yes, I called him HJ, thats what I call H2s and H3s (my buddy calls the H2s "plastic 'burbans") Actually, its not a bad idea as a name for ALL the crossovers out there, since we now have the FJ trooper out there, too (although I kinda like that one)

MY favorite "road rage" story goes like this...

I was driving down a road that went from two lanes, down to one lane in both directions, in a relatively isolated area of town. I was running rich at the time, and had replaced my rusted off OEM muffler with straight pipe. 75 280, so i had my pre-muffler on there only, no cat. I also was running the car unregistered at the time, so I didnt want to speed excessively.

While still in the two lane section, the guy had started tailing me REALLY bad, and I couldnt go any faster because of a few cars in front of me. The right lane became right turn only, so he couldnt pass that way, either. After about 1/2 mile of this, finally I am at the front of the pack and I can get speed up to something normal (we HAD been held to below the limit by stupid people in front of us)

So I accelerate to like, 50 or so in a 45MPH zone. NO oncoming traffic at this point, him and me.. the stripe in the middle of the road opens up, and we are in a passing zone. I slowed to just above forty, trying to entice him to pass me. I was tapping my brakes to show him the lights, everything I could think of.. he JUST wanted to ride on my tail.

So I got my speed back up to about 45-50, fifth gear, kept it steady for a moment, let him crawl right back up my taint..... and just DROPPED it into second, with NO predication whatsoever...

....the loudest backfire you ever heard, and I know that at the time, i was shooting MAJOR fire out the exhaust when I backfired.. I probly left some soot on his bumper.

He backed off.:flamedevi

i lvie in austin whenever ppl get to close to my z ride my ass or cut me off i leave em alone. however if they persist ill cut em off and make sure thy see the loaded 12 ga in the back window. in texas its fully legal to carry a loaded long arm in a gun rack. hell ive had it beetween the center consol and front seat beenpulled over and gotten no ♥♥♥♥ for it. and it was loaded then too!

OK, Normally I wouldn't point out something so far fetched...

But I gotta... Gunrack in the BACK WINDOW of a ZCAR? :lmao:

Mike

OK, Normally I wouldn't point out something so far fetched...

But I gotta... Gunrack in the BACK WINDOW of a ZCAR? :lmao:

Mike

Hmmm... good idea! :lmao:

I almost got shot at once by a group of mexicans once. Me and three friends were in a 72 beetle(total weight about 800 lbs!) just cruising arround and goofing off. We were on the main street in town when this 80s Buick or Olds starts riding our ass. The guy driving taps his breaks a couple times (taps, not slams) and they turn on there high beams. We just happened to have a 20 million candle power spot light with us so I flash them back. The car slows down so I know I got the guy driving in the eyes. I turn forward and we keep driving when all of a sudden the car comes whiping past us and one of the people throw something at our car. They cut us off and slam on the breaks and STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC (six lanes!) and one guy jumps out. We go arround them and go as fast as the little beetle would go. A block later we stop at a red light and guess who's behind us? I turn arround and see the same guy who jumped out earlier walking up the side of the car with his hand near his waistband/ pocket. I scream to the guy driving to "Run the ****** light! GO GO GO!" So he revs the poor bug up and takes off. We floor it for three or four more blocks and turn off into residential streets... not just grid pattern, cul de sacs and curving roads and such. We drop back down to 25 and are trying to find a way out when my buddy sees the car whiping arround the corner behind us. We just try and play it cool and keep driving but the car behind us cuts us off and pulls accross the road so we can't pass and five or six mexicans jump out and start running at our car. The guy driving slams it into reverse and floors it backwards for two blocks, all the while the mexicans are still running at us except one who triped because his pants fell down. Once we are at the next street my buddy who is driving slams it in first and takes off. We pull into the parking lot at a hospital that was about five blocks away and turn the car off and everyone ducks down. Ten minutes later we hadn't seen them so we took off home very carefully and stayed in all night. I didn't see that spotlight for a few months.:shock: