HybridZ

My Free Widebody Project

G.I.jonas

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TeamNissan
almost exactly like the old sketch I did...

I thought about doing that widening idea a while back...

I'd want to widen the doors as well...

m58739925.jpg

Your project looks awesome!!! Good luck with it!!!

I would want to bring out the doors as well but a gradual merge like the testerossa only solid not louvered.

I really love this project, def going to keep my eyes open :-).

Hmmm. Interesting. I might try to do something like that, but not quite as wide. How are going to widen the front fenders? The head lights are going to be the main problem.

I have an idea but Its hard to explain. I'll draw up something and post it later :D

What guage metal were you using for the section you added? Im guessing the inside would have to be a little thicker for strength? And also did you just add metal to the top or was the bottom lengthened also.

Ha ha wow thats a lot I think ill get my car running first then drive it over there :D working on 3 Z cars takes a lot of energy when your 14 and you cant test drive them yourself :roll: Driving a Z car for me is an adrenaline rush :-)

I know how you feel Ive had my Z for 5 years and the furthest Ive driven it is across the street in the school parkinglot. Im old enough for my license but it was either 160 dollars out to insurance or to my car. Now its apart waiting body and paint work so Ill just have to wait till the the end of summer to drive it, mabey, hopefully....

Guest hungy240

i am acually doing the same thing. someone in my class told me about this when he saw my car. its good to see ur that far on that. i have the driver side done and working on the passanger side. hopefully i can put some pics up soon.

looking good, mines being done at the moment too, its gaining 3" on each side, i wish i could weld and had the time i could of saved a heap of cash.

Keep up the good work cant wait to see what it looks like when its all done

That was my original plan,i did some "cardboard bodywork" yesterday,basicall cutting,shaping and taping strategically shaped pieces of cardboard to the car to get some ideas going.In doing this i came upon a good idea for blending into my doors which i originally was against,but with the door on the car it seems to just be the right thing to do.

i always thought that if i were to go widebody on an S30 by doing something crazy with the entire rear lower quarter area, and wheel well, it would have to be without making any modifications to the door line crease.

so this is why i like this so much.

it keeps the same profile of that line, which i think makes the S30 what it is.