HybridZ

RB26dett 240z for sale

I know you guys have seen Keith's thread in non tech forum, but I think this set up deserves its own headline :mrgreen:

Here is the RB26dett / 240z project for sale>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=250093473663&rd=1&rd=1

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=120008

j.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I debated posting it here after seeing it on ebay yesterday. My stomach dropped because I know how much he has invested. Unfortunetly from what I have seen, no one buys ebay project cars unless they are silly cheap.

With all the parts he has, I can see the vultures hovering about.

Thanks Joel... don't worry... I'll be around.

My stomach dropped because I know how much he has invested.

Yeah... I've got about $17k in just parts! Nevermind the work that I have done on the body (well... the parts that are completed!).

Unfortunetly from what I have seen, no one buys ebay project cars unless they are silly cheap.

This is my fear, too. In the 24 hours since the listing posted, though, I have recieved lots of questions and have quite a few 'watching'. We'll see. I can probably make more money parting the car out...

Thanks Joel... don't worry... I'll be around.

Yeah... I've got about $17k in just parts! Nevermind the work that I have done on the body (well... the parts that are completed!).

This is my fear, too. In the 24 hours since the listing posted, though, I have recieved lots of questions and have quite a few 'watching'. We'll see. I can probably make more money parting the car out...

Hey let me know if your parting it out. I am interested in some of the stuff.

I don't even know the seller, but it almost brings tears to my eyes to see somthing so close to completion with so much work into it be sold to the highest bidder. I wish I could buy it from you and sell it back when you could afford to finish... :cry:

Good luck.

Hey Keith, what do you honestly want for the setup?

Your car! hahahahaha... j/k. Dude if I tell you that then my auction will go sour (see how many bids I have?). My reserve is set at $10k. Anything above and beyond that is cool.

Your car! hahahahaha... j/k. Dude if I tell you that then my auction will go sour (see how many bids I have?). My reserve is set at $10k. Anything above and beyond that is cool.

Dude! My car? Ha... your car is much sicker than mine (if yours ran)! Haha... mine isn't running like a champ either so I can't say much about that eh!

Its a shame to see that car go, especially as long as you worked on it and what you put into it.

Unfortuately as someone else said, projects like this one Ebay, though well worth the 10k hardly ever see it.

Thing is they dont source out how much most of it would cost to begin with.

You guys are right. The car will likely not sell on ebay. That's okay, though... I'm not hurting for the money... just the time. I have recieved dozens of emails about the parts, however, and can probably part it out.

I guess the topic of my car came up on zcar.com ( :rolleyes: ) and I was getting slammed by some of thier members (guys who I don't even know... go figure) because my wheel studs are too long. ~17k in parts and I'm being knocked for my wheel studs? Lol... that's why I like Hybrid.

Saw your car on Ebay and if someone picked it up they would be a lucky man (or woman). I've seen projects like this come along and now that I look back at all the money I have put into my car (and I haven't even come close to upgrading it like you) that I would have bought your car in a second, but this is all hindsight ... still I wish you luck in getting a good price.

You guys are right. The car will likely not sell on ebay. That's okay, though... I'm not hurting for the money... just the time. I have recieved dozens of emails about the parts, however, and can probably part it out.

I guess the topic of my car came up on zcar.com ( :rolleyes: ) and I was getting slammed by some of thier members (guys who I don't even know... go figure) because my wheel studs are too long. ~17k in parts and I'm being knocked for my wheel studs? Lol... that's why I like Hybrid.

Got a link to the thread anout studs too long?