HybridZ

Anyone CNC'd a new Horn Pad/Button for thier stock 280 Z steering wheel?

280z1975

I have thought about replacing the HUGE cumbersome stock horn pad (button)on my 280z with something different. I was thinking if someone out there has ever CNC'd one. On my 280z there is a metal attachment which would make it easy to attach.

I am thinking a nice billet aluminum center cap with the Z logo in the middle, quite flat and with a little detail on the side. Would be nice I think ...

Any other ideas would be great ...

http://www.thezstore.com/

They have a lot of cool steering wheels and have their own low profile horn button.

- Greg -

I thought about this, but this is to save some of us some extra cash for other things. I like keeping my Z stock looking, but doing some nice mods where I choose. Once you have the layout programed in the machince the cost will be quite 'cheap' verse a whole new steering wheel. It's not everybody's cup of tea, but I like it :)

I will sit down and come up with some rough sketches of my idea for the horn pad. I've got a nasty cold, so free time for things like this will be a nice change from movie after movie.

Below are some ideas I have made. For the ones with the ring around the outside, I would say the details are raised ... for the large Z have it indented. The one labled 280z can be changed to 240 or 260, but I think the 280 was the only one with this big nasty horn button. I'm not a graphic artist, so these aren't top quality, I'm must better at working with photos, not making them on the computer from scratch.

Please, let's see some other ideas. Cold Fusion is looking to make these in the next few weeks. We can all decide on which designs we like the best and go from there.

horn_pad_280_Z_thumb.jpg

horn_pad_hybrid_Z_thumb.jpg

horn_pad_large_Z_thumb.jpg

horn_pad_simple_Z_thumb.jpg

Cold Fusion,

Depending on how many orders you get (or however this is going to work) maybe you could design a 3 pc button for a couple of reasons.

1st piece would be mounted to the wheel, 2nd pc as an isolater for the shocking issue, and the 3rd pc could an interchangable show pc. (read many designs, or satin / polished finishes etc... for the differnt folks)

Just a thought.