HybridZ

OBX twin turbo manifolds

Roostmonkey

Has anyone tried these manifolds or any others that are constantly on ebay? Ive seen plenty of talk about the single turbo manifolds and the problems that have been had with them, but not the twins. I'm sure if I went with the HKS's at 4X the cost, there would be no issues but if the others fit and stay together I'd rather put the money elsewhere. Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have read countless hours about these manifolds and I have seen many times its not worth the money. Poor welds, Bad fitment or dont fit at all. Remember your gettin what you paid for, your better off making your own cuz you get one of these, take it all apart and rebuild it.....same thing aint it??? Do it right the first time, and if you make one its that much better, then if someone asks....Hey that manifold is sick...GReddy?? HKS??? You can say no I made it...Just my opinion....

I have read countless hours about these manifolds and I have seen many times its not worth the money. Poor welds, Bad fitment or dont fit at all. Remember your gettin what you paid for, your better off making your own cuz you get one of these, take it all apart and rebuild it.....same thing aint it??? Do it right the first time, and if you make one its that much better, then if someone asks....Hey that manifold is sick...GReddy?? HKS??? You can say no I made it...Just my opinion....

just got my rb26 exhaust flanges for the same reason :D

gonna make a nice tubular header for my N/A RB30DE :)

i'm gonna have to mig weld it though. what do you think is the best metal for this application?

Good to hear!! I would go with stainless steel. Full Race makes a really solid header you could get some ideas from. Im planning on making my own aswell, I want to place the turbo high and forward probably somewhere near the timing cover.

Good to hear!! I would go with stainless steel. Full Race makes a really solid header you could get some ideas from. Im planning on making my own aswell, I want to place the turbo high and forward probably somewhere near the timing cover.

full race doesnt carry N/A RB headers, do they?

• 3 weeks later...

i was just gonna post that my friend has an evo8 and he put an obx manifold on and it cracked with just daily driving. Then again i do live in vegas where average temps are around 110 degrees. I wouldn't waste your money on those type of exhaust manifolds because of the temperatures they get. Full Race makes an awesome manifold for about $2200 (kinda pricey but worth the quality)Now personally i tried one of the ebay intake manifolds and the only wrong is that i had to modify the fitment to make it work on my car, but the intake manifolds dont get temperatures like exhaust manifolds. my 2 cents