HybridZ

My first restoration/modification

Guest ProjectZ

Guest ProjectZ

Hi all, I just signed up here a few days ago after purchasing a 1973 240Z and a 1977 280Z. The cars just got delivered to me today. These are the first Z's I've ever owned, the oldest cars I've ever owned, and they will be my very frist restoration project. I bought these because my fiance let me know a guy she works with was selling them for $1500 (I talked him down to $1000 for everything). She wants me to fix one up for her to race. I also own a 2004 Chrysler Sebring LX Sedan, which is currently in the shop having a turbo system I designed put into it. It should be putting down 400 HP to the wheels when it's done in a couple weeks. I'm going to be drag racing it, and she's gotten very excited about that, so she wants her own car to drag race. She owns a 2002 Pontiac Grad Prix, and I told her I wasn't going to try and do to her car what I did to mine. So she was excited to find these Z's, and even more excited when I bought them for us to work on together. She doesn't know anything about cars, but she really wants to learn, and help me out with this project and my racing. I also own a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4. Now all I need is a trailer so I can tow these cars around when their done, lol.

Anyway, here's my new poject...

1977 Datsun 280Z:

Datsun%20001.jpg

Stock L28, 2.8L Inline 6 cylinder engine with EFI:

Datsun%20002.jpg

Spare parts:

Datsun%20003.jpg

Interior:

Datsun%20004.jpg

Rear end:

Datsun%20005.jpg

Open hatch:

Datsun%20006.jpg

1973 Datsun 240Z:

Datsun%20007.jpg

L24 2.4L Straight 6 with unknown modifcations:

Datsun%20008.jpg

Fuel cell, spare valve cover, and turbo manifold for the L28:

Datsun%20009.jpg

That's 2 cars, an extra set of rims with slicks on them, spare driver and passenger side doors, spare hood, spare hatch, spare fender, spare windows, spare valve cover, a turbo intake manifold, spare grill, spare dash, plus some other spare parts in a box that I didn't go through yet. I think there was an exta set of chrome trim too, and there's a fuel cell in the 240Z. All for only $1000! cool.gif

Because of the damage on the 240Z, it's going to be parted out. Whatever I don't use from it, I'll try to sell. The 280Z is actually in better condition than I thought from when I first looked at it. Aside from a couple cracks in the dash, some rips in the seats, and the shifter boot, the interior is in pretty good condition. It even has a roll bar in it already! I plan on cleaning up the interior, replacing the seats with some Corbeau racing seats, replacing the dash, and replacing the shift boot, then that should do it for the interior. First thing will be to get it running though. I'm just got to touch up the rust spots on the exterior to keep it from rusting further, until I can afford a body kit and paint job. Right now it just looks like a few spots of surface rust here and there... I'll have to tear it apart and inspect it more when I get a chance to see how bad the rust really is... but at first look, it doesn't look like I have a very big rust problem.

I still don't know exactly where I'm going to go with this project, but I'm looking forward to working on it!