HybridZ

571 rwhp convertable v6 turbo 260z datsun

zdream

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Intercooler has now got plates welded around it to try and make it more efficient.

imgp0087sm3.jpg

imgp0086hv7.jpg

gone is the surge tank and lifter pump and in its place is a fuel cooler on the return line to the tank.The fuel lines from the tank to the pump are now16mm ID (5/8)

imgp0089ek3.jpg

I actually just saw stuff about fuel coolers yesterday. You probably didn't do a before and and after but I figure I'd ask, notice any difference? Makes sense that it would, just never really heard about them being used all that often. I'll probably be giving one a try but wanted to get some opinions on them. Thanks!

Having so much motor in a small engine bay causes a lot of heat, and the fuel picks this heat up and moves it back to the fuel tank.On the dyno my fuel would get so hot we would have to let the car rest for a while to cool down.The fuel pump would become noisy and struggle moving the fuel.Having one less pump for it to travel pass could only help with less heat and placing a cooler on the return line has got to work :idea:

So far the pump does not get noise when driving,so it has to be pulling a lot of heat out of the fuel:smile:

Is your fuel rail dead ended? Do you have a good size return line (3/8" or bigger)? This should be enough to keep the fuel cool. Filling up before your dyno session will give you more thermal mass in the tank.

Is your fuel rail dead ended? Do you have a good size return line (3/8" or bigger)? This should be enough to keep the fuel cool. Filling up before your dyno session will give you more thermal mass in the tank.

Yes the fuel rails are dead end which I am going to change.

I did this to try and keep the lines and rails to a minimum in the engine bay to avoid heat soak in the fuel, There is so much pipe work in the bay it is hard to keep anything cool in there.But in saying that the engine does not run hot.The exhausts pipes have been coated and dump pipe wraped in heat wrap.Took it for a drive saturday and the pump did not run hot and noisy:D the cooler is helping:razz:

• 2 weeks later...