HybridZ

Post before and after photos of your Z

MY77Z

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackhammer, i really like the way your dash was done. Is that leather, vinyl , human skin? :willy_nil:lmao: Any close up pics of the stitching? Console looks good too.:2thumbs:

It's soft touch vinyl...... it should have been the paint guy....there were times when I felt like skinning him :D . The paint has turned out fantastic ...finally.

Click on the picture and it will enlarge and give a good close up of the stitching. It is called a French stitch.

This was a good idea for a thread. Some really cool projects here that definitely inspire me to get back to work on mine :-)

This is what my car looked like when I bought it (mild 350 installed)

whenbought.jpg

After a few years of work.. some cooling issues, paint, and suspension/engine/transmission upgrades:

current.jpg

240Z_front1.jpg

Engine last year:

bareblock.jpg

Engine Now:

DSC02236.JPG

They're never done!! There's still a lot I want to do... like replace my brake master cylinder, bad dog rails, finish interior, and get my BetaMotorsports hood painted/mounted.

I won't post my 280, since before and after wouldn't really show any significant change.

WAAAAAAY back when I was in college, she was pretty stock (T/C ball/socket kit, rack bushings, steering coupler, wide tires and wheels (14x7, 225/60-14), Air dam, 72 SUs, MSA 2.5" exhaust):

myZ1983.jpg

After putting her away for years, fixing her, driving her with the 6, then tearing her apart for the 11 year transformation:

firstdrive_LRs.jpg

More here: http://alteredz.com/mypics.htm

i was going around 50... maybe a little more... bald tires and rain.... got sideways and hit a metal light pole.... I walked away from it without a scratch, but if there was a passenger they wouldn't have legs anymore.

Now back to more people posting before and after pictures that aren't so gruesome.

Kevin

what color is this? got a number i love it and could you get some more shots?

I originally had my mind set on restoring it back to bone stock.... But this site and conversions like the other great ones on this thread convinced me to Hybridize my Z.

First Day Tear Down October 04

Z_CAR_4_011.jpg

Z_CAR_2_004.jpg

99.99% Completed December 06

P10100183.JPG

P10100113.JPG