HybridZ

This is why you don't dragrace on donks

auxilary

Car from the 1970's on DUBs or larger = "Donk"

Car from the 1980's on DUBs or larger = "Box" (which is what was racing in the video--notice the angular lines of the car)

Car from the 1990's or more recent on DUBs = "Bubble"

Car with more extreme rounded lines, especially in back = "Bubble Butt"

DUBs = 20" tall wheel. Which makes one wonder if 30" wheels are called "Donks." I think someone here should check out DONK, BOX & Bubble magazine at their local Kragen for the real answer :mrgreen:

This is my understanding of ghetto cool anyway. Perhaps one of our more cultured members can enlighten me if my understanding hath gone astray. I hope I got it right! Anyone know the year of the car in question?

Davy

This is my understanding of ghetto cool anyway. Perhaps one of our more cultured members can enlighten me if my understanding hath gone astray. I hope I got it right! Anyone know the year of the car in question?

1986 Buick Regal on 24's....not 30's.

I wonder if his upper control arm started tearing out of the frame yet...

What a stupid trend.

If you're gonna do it, do it right. Put that regal up on a K-blazer frame (4x4) and call it a day. Then when you pull the 24's off to clean 'em you can put the 35's back on and do some mudding too.

I'm so glad that's a southern thing...though those wheels wouldn't stand a chance on the roads of the NorthEast anyway.

Noooo, it's extremely prevalent here too. Quite painful, actually. I mean, when you see a 1970 Chevelle on DUBs it actually hurts.

Oh, and Terry: I'm glad I could put some useful education into your life :mrgreen:

Davy