HybridZ

VG30DETT into a Pickup (PICS)

1FASTKINGCAB

you figured out what your gonna do about the tranny? or are you gonna use a 2wd v6 pickup tranny? my friend and I are starting this project this summer in a 4wd so its gonna be pretty crazy. how does the frame clearance look with the turbos on? cant wait to see more on this thing. peace.

I have a 2WD 5speed pickup already with a VG30E in it, so I'm gona do the swap into that.

I only have two pass side TT manifolds, so I don't knwo the the drivers side will fix into the stock turbo location. The pass side fit verry good, but I'm going to make solid motor mounts because clearance in gereral is way tight. the driversside turbo will have to wait untill I get my hands on a TT Z32 drivers side manifold

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mini702

I'm doing the same conversion this summer but not turbo. Any pointers? Looks like everything will bolt in but am concerned about brake booster clearance.

2wd v6 chassis.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm doing the same swap as well, but my plan as far as mountings go is to use the Z's mounts and fabricate some sort of mount brackets on the frame to accept them. I was mainly worried about clearance with regards to the brake booster on the firewall what with the larger heads and wide intake mainfolds. I've got no inner fenders, and am building tube frame supports for the fenders them selves so I have tons of room to work where that's concerned.

How goes the swap, any progress?

2nd Q - Are the manifolds & turbos on the engine in your pics? I can't see to tell. I hung my engine in the bay yesterday and today I'll be removing the original hardbody frame provisions for the engine mounts as they hit the oil pan. It also seems like the turbo on the driver's side is going to be interfering with the steering shaft once it sits down where it needs to...

• 4 weeks later...

The VG30DE-TT swap didn't go so good, when the going got tough I bought a Z32 and put the motor where it belonged.

in reality I made to swap harder than it needed to be but WAY overbuilding the truck for the WHP a stock turbo VG30DE-TT would put down. My bigest mistake was moving the enging down 4" and back 6"

it's a quite extensive swap. I really need to know what your working with and what parts you have.

What year is your truck?

What drive shaft is in your truck? (1PC or 2PC)

What motor came in the truck?

What trans do you have?

i know you are going to need to modify a NA VG30 TRUCK oil pan to fit the TT motor, you will also need the truck oil pump pickup.

You are also going to need a custom steering shaft or relocated turbos.

also If you run the turbos is the stock location you will need 90-96 JDM TT down pipes to clear the trucks frame. and you need to use the Z32 starter and trans.