HybridZ

My official L31DETT RHD thread.

1 fast z

Ok, so look here for updates every couple days As Ill just keep adding to this thread for my updates of my progress on the L31DETT RHD car. I got the intercooler installed, as well as the alluminum radiator. I got the charge pipes from the turbo's to the intercooler finished. I had to weld on new inlets on the intercooler, for my application. I had to make an entire new intake. I did not have as much room as I thought I would have on the right hand side of the car. So I had to fab up a new one today. I have to make the weld on my box yet, and Flanges, for the Q45 TB, but that will go pretty quick. I got the waste gate installed, and dump tube to the exhaust mocked up as well. I also got the balence tube between the two ex manifolds with a flexible coupler installed also. I will get the charge pipes made up into alluminum eventually, but for now its all about getting it running. Man Im almost tempted to gundrill the intake, and insert a throttle shaft with butterlfys :) . Anyways enjoy, and expect more pics in a couple days!

intercoolerpics1_008-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_010-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_011-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_012-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_013-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_014-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_015-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_016-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_017-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_018-600x450.jpg

• Like 1

For the love of god 1 Fast Z paint that block!

But seriously amazing work, ive seen this project go along from just an idea to a real thing being built buy a smart guy. Good Job

But i was wondering whats inside that rusted old look block of yours aside from a stroker setup?

cant wait to see a valvecover and the such on it and that thing running!

NO, NO, NO, thats just a MOCK UP BLOCK! LOL. the real block is a 3.1 bored setup, oringed, deck, forged, arp, blah, blah, blah. That block is just in the car for mockup purposes only. Not the block im going to be using, LOL.

1 fast z, that's really looking good! Just need to clock those turbos and button it up! Chewie, if I had that much time and money and effort in something with that much market potential, I'd probably want to keep most of the details proprietary.

&^$*%&^*&TYO&*HGB&*(OJ*()YIUIULFUHGV*(E^FIKMXZJBVUHEIT*()()*&SF(HSCJBWEUIQPVPOKKPJEDGFOIE)*(&*#(**()#HR(HF(*&T*(#$Y*(YHFHUV(*)E*()#$)(#_)(JKFJF()_UIO#()__)+_()+_()+FG+)_FIJI#*(@&*^&*%%^&&^%^&%$EHUIFDHSJKKNBZXCHJV&*(*W*(^&^*(@#(*R*()HD()*@)(*()*@*&)()UF*(HJW)(&*)#)(UI()RJF)*(W&*()....or, holy friggin awesome,yes yes and yes again

Ok, Heres an update for this evenings work. I got the box built for the intake, as well as throttle body plate for the Q45 throttle body. Also got the end plate made with four NPT taped holes for boost guages, megasquirt, Vacume booster, etc. I also picked up a set of 683cc injectors BRAND new for 270 bux today, so I had to throw those in the pics, haha. I will build the fuel rail tomorrow, then the intake is done. The head will come back of the car tomorrow, for good till it goes in for good, as I need to finish the motor and head now. Valve job, porting, yada, yada, yada. Anyways, Enjoy!

intercoolerpics1_0102-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_0112-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_0122-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_0142-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_0132-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_0182-600x450.jpg

Chewie, if I had that much time and money and effort in something with that much market potential, I'd probably want to keep most of the details proprietary.

I dont really see this being very marketable, but if you want to keep secrets thats fine with me. If I ever decide to do it then I'll just have to do it the hard way.

intercoolerpics1_0132-600x450.jpg

intercoolerpics1_0182-600x450.jpg

I love this picture... and chance we could con you into setting the valve cover on top of that head, so we get a clue what the "finished" look will be like?? Thats simply GORGEOUS, it fills the engine bay!!!! It looks like it was built to go there!

Also, I wanted to ask you two things.. One (and I hate to sound like a nitpick, but) are you going to grind the welds on your intake plenum/air box at all, or is that weld going to be the finished product?

and two, about the construction of the heads.. I missed the conclusion on the build thread.. (link? i havent been around very long so I'm unsure which of the threads about this has been your "official" head build thread) Although I read what you said earlier, I wanted to make sure I understood it.. you've O ringed the block, and you have basically three separate sections, aligned and held in place with dowels, bolted onto the block? Like a modular head design? or am I oversimplfying your earlier statement and misunderstanding it in doing so?

If the answer to the last question is easier found in another thread, a link will suffice... or even a vague idea what the subject line on the thread was, so as to make searching for it easier for someone who wasn;'t paying attention when the project began..