HybridZ

My official L31DETT RHD thread.

1 fast z

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!:hail:

thanks for the pictures and info. I'll be at MSA on Sunday so I hope to see you there. Great work and keep up the pictures.

PS dyno # sometime in the future.

Matt-

P.P.S. I'll be the one with the 72 240Z painted LeMans Sunset (its the 350Z "orange") and the Hot blonde at my side.

Ok people, here's the deal. I considered this thread to be good enough to cut out all the BS and reopen it. If you had a post deleted it was deleted for one of 2 reasons. I broke the rules of hybridz or it was in response to a post that broke the rules and had no bearing on the thread.

SO.... Keep it on topic. If someone/anyone wants to post progress on a project and chooses not to divulge every specific piece of info on how he or she did it that's their choice and should not result in what happened in this thread.

If in the future individuals that had issues in this thread,( you know who you are) have issues again you can count on being banned for a bit maybe forever depending on the level of rule breakage that occurs.

With a nice 8.25 compression ratio (IIRC) and such nice quench, will you be going turbo or NA? Perhaps NA first, than turbo later once the engine is broken in and running well, having gone through a hundred or so heat cycles?

wow a head almost done. I'm just curious 1fastz you remind me of a friend that I have and would like to know when you say my dad and I, how much really is your dad? Also I do not want to start a thread war but what calculations did you have to do?

tbs

I must say that this is an AMAZING project!!!!! :2thumbs:

I was a subscriber to Z Car Magazine, until they changed their emphasis towards all the Datsuns/Nissans, and in the Premiere Issue way back in Nov/Dec 1994, they had an awesome '71 EURO-spec 240Z built by "Fourways-Engineering" as the main article. The head on it, I was in total LUST after, and I thought that I would show you a pic just for conversation:

Eurospec71_240Zb.jpg

As far as the article noted, this was NOT an aftermarket head, however they might have just left that info out.

BTW, the article didn't note the carbs used, I am assuming 55s, since the article noted a 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, a quarter mile time of 13.1, and it STILL tops out at 160mph!!! SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!!!!:rockon:

Just thought you might want to see what you car is going to BEAT!!!

Ok, guys, new updates coming I hope tomorrow. I have the cams finally finished machined, and drilled for internal oiling, I had to gundrill a .25" hole all the way through them. Then lots of timing calculations to get the cam timing dead on. Now hopefully the thread doesnt get closed again, so I can post pics!.

in response to that crossflow SOHC head that is shown, that really really looks like a k24 head, or even a z24 style head, if you look at how the oil filler cap is, the exhaust flange (2 together) the way the spark plugs are set up (2 together in the middle) and how the curves are on the valve cover, that looks almost identical to a z24 head( if you put like 3 or 4 of em together). just thought i'd throw that out for discussion.

in response to that crossflow SOHC head that is shown, that really really looks like a k24 head, or even a z24 style head, if you look at how the oil filler cap is, the exhaust flange (2 together) the way the spark plugs are set up (2 together in the middle) and how the curves are on the valve cover, that looks almost identical to a z24 head( if you put like 3 or 4 of em together). just thought i'd throw that out for discussion.

Yeah, they are all nissan heads, so I'd expect them to look similar.

Properly stated, the K24 (sic) or the z24 (sic) head look like the LY head, as it predates them by about a decade or more!

Not vice-versa!

Looking forward to more Blake Machine Photos for sure...

• 1 month later...
how hard is a Nissan factory race head to aquire?

Ive Yet to see someone on HZ come forward with either a Geiken Head (not even for the 4 Cylinder L series) or the LY Head

But there was someone who posted a rare rally head in one of braap's threads about heads

Lets keep our heads up though someone has got to have one!