HybridZ

My official L31DETT RHD thread.

1 fast z

A little ADDHD are we, guys?

My screen says 'posted one day ago' and already two posts asking for updates...

Wouldn't '1 day ago' constitute Sunday Morning at the earliest?

Sheez! Talk about impatient... He does have a life, ya know! Maybe it's time to take his wife out to Apple Country instead of working on the car...

A little ADDHD are we, guys?

My screen says 'posted one day ago' and already two posts asking for updates...

Wouldn't '1 day ago' constitute Sunday Morning at the earliest?

Sheez! Talk about impatient... He does have a life, ya know! Maybe it's time to take his wife out to Apple Country instead of working on the car...

I read the "will be driving in 24-48 hours" on friday afternoon =).. I posted sunday morning.... Just excited to see it move under its own power...

-PSi

• Administrators

Gents,

How many times do you have to be reminded to let this thread run its course as it was originally intended to run? noway.gif

This is NOT kindergarten. Keep this thread on track, post accordingly, or don’t post in it!!! minacc.gif

Gents,

This is NOT kindergarten. Keep this thread on track, post accordingly, or don’t post in it!!! minacc.gif

You beat me to it, I was coming back with the 'delete key' hot...

JPL is a sore spot for me, if you didn't catch that!:cuss:

But my foggy was nice, eh? I smile every time I see it! :-D

I got delayed by ONE day, as My wifes 97 4runner water pump is trashed, and the timing belt had to be changed, so I spent all day doing that. Can you imangine how that convo would go," well honey, sorry but I cant work on your truck, and therefore you cant go to work, becasue I have to work on the same car I have been working on for the last few months, and take the bus to work, it will be good for you!"

Yea, I think not.

But I promise I will post progress right away on the driving.

Apple Country, Water Pump Trashed, same thing. Life intrudes on Hobbies, dammit!

My wife decided since Granny Smiths were not available in Oak Glen for another two weeks, that we were not going up there today...

In two weeks, I will be in Spa at the FIA Group 4 Event...she can have her apples then! I will be getting my dose of petrol fumigation! Muahahaha!

holy crap, just found this thread. even if i did have the $$ to own a machine shop i wouldn't know where to begin. i'm in awe. this brings me back to a thought i had shortly after i found hybridz, there is an amazing depth to the amount of talent, knowhow and get it done capability on this site that overshadows ANY other site i've been to, period! proud to be a hbz member!

Apple Country, Water Pump Trashed, same thing. Life intrudes on Hobbies, dammit!

My wife decided since Granny Smiths were not available in Oak Glen for another two weeks, that we were not going up there today...

In two weeks, I will be in Spa at the FIA Group 4 Event...she can have her apples then! I will be getting my dose of petrol fumigation! Muahahaha!

Gotta love them twisty Oak Glen roads! Especially in the Z. If your wife goes without you tell her watchout, there is a middle aged Jonny appleseed impersonator that likes to approach women. He has a big fat belly and red cheeks from sipping too much cider. Oh and he has a pot on his head. Be warned.

I got delayed by ONE day, as My wifes 97 4runner water pump is trashed, and the timing belt had to be changed, so I spent all day doing that. Can you imangine how that convo would go," well honey, sorry but I cant work on your truck, and therefore you cant go to work, becasue I have to work on the same car I have been working on for the last few months, and take the bus to work, it will be good for you!"

Yea, I think not.

But I promise I will post progress right away on the driving.

has much as i'm sitting here at the edge of my couch waiting for that video,

live comes at you and pulls you by the chains. But that's ok, unexpected delays further build the suspense of waiting. You better make that vid worth it my friend :lol:

You've done something i've been curious about:

what happens if you bolt several heads together to make one?

there is one other option, but in our car's case, it wouldn't work. for aircooled vw's SCAT makes single cylinder heads for the vw's. but the reason why it works, is vw's are push rod engines, with 4 studs per cylinder, so it evens out. it wouldn't work for us because of the cam mostly. anyways, I can't wait to see what kind of numbers this thing puts down!

Damn, I think you guys are more anxious to see it on the road than I am, LOL. I ran into some water port problems, the head needed a vent tube put in, so the air could get out of one portion of the head, so I have been working on that. Plus I have to keep our machine shop running at the same time, give me just a little more time, I promis, youll be the first to know when I get it out :) .

Just out of curiosity, how did you determine what portion of the head needed a vent tube? We have a steam vent kit for the 944 Turbo heads, but only because we noticed upon inspection of the inside water passages of the head that there was evidence of steam bubbles eroding the water passage walls.