HybridZ

My official L31DETT RHD thread.

1 fast z

Yes it will be incorperated as my daily driver. I usually drive about 3-4 different cars a week, just so I dont get board with one. I have a 4 runner, I like to drive, a 71 240z, my 77 280z stroker, and now this RHD car, and a 1936 buick, and so on.

I Can't believe this hasn't been said yet:

"Man, I thought my silver car which is NA and runs mid 12's was fast, but DAMN, this car would eat my silver car for LUNCH, and DINNER at only 7 PSI."

Feeeel the power of the dark side young Bryan. Feel the power, let it guide you, boost knows all, boost solves all, let it infuse through you and invite it into your soul!

Bubbles, I am your Father!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Dude, you have problems. Just because you HAPPEN to have led an AMAZINGLY interesting life which led you through Okinawa junkyards in the mid eighties, and JUST because you HAPPEN to have this mind boggling bonneville car, and JUST because you HAPPEN to have such an extensive hoard of knowledge and experience with these cars.. doesn't give you an excuse to be a weirdo.

Good thing we don't need excuses here, huh?:ugg: :One_flew_over_cuckoos_nest:

Hows THIS:

I must not fear boost.

Fear of boost is the Torque-killer.

Fear of boost is the little-ping that brings total piston obliteration.

I will face my fear of boost.

I will permit it to pass over my intercooler and through my throttle bodies.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner spark to combust its path.

Where the fear of boost has gone there will be nothing.

Only Torque will remain.

and WOW, there were like, 300 views in between the time I posted the 20K comment and this post here...

I'll do you on better daeron how this...

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of rice, I will fear no turbo: For the power of torque art with me; Thy displacement and thy cylinders, they comfort me.

Thou preparest a race before me in the presence of Hondas. Thou annointest me with victoy; My cup runneth over.

Well, We have now destryoed a 280zxt T5 trans, DAMN, I KNEW I should of put in the Z 32 trans, but I didnt want to take the extra day of machine work!!! Well, We will be swaping in another trans tonight, and "keeping it lighter" with not so much boost, untill I get the Z32 trans in! Dangit!

Congrats on the Head. I've been watching it for quite a while and its nice to see it running.

But I also had a chuckle at the comments in that link. "His way is ghetto as ♥♥♥♥, I could have did better. Then again I would have never thought of that in the first place."

Well the challenge is there, lets see him build a head now.

Brain Trust at work there, that is why they are saying the LY is a DOHC...

Absolute Brain Trust.

What broke on the T-5? JeffP pumped 450 through his with it screaming in protest, but nothing outright broke. I would suspect latent or marginal tranny to begin with if it's a major failure.

I busted my tranny real good at 460rwhp....it did have a fair amount of miles im sure, but it smashed 3rd gear right out of it...nothing left...just rolling into the gear.. This was right off the dyno 1st run down the street...hopefully ive found my last weak link.....

Good work on the head BTW ( as if you havent heard it enoph )!!!!:-D

I busted my tranny real good at 460rwhp....it did have a fair amount of miles im sure, but it smashed 3rd gear right out of it...nothing left...just rolling into the gear.. This was right off the dyno 1st run down the street...hopefully ive found my last weak link.....

Good work ang the head BTW ( as if you havent heard it enoph )!!!!:-D

if that's your weakest link, all the "negative energy" we despise is going to start flowing backwards down the drive line. LOL :cry2:

hope it works out!

...something very strange going on with that other board and Nazism...

All I can say in in response to the 'I can do better' BS is this: if it's stupid but it works, it's not stupid.

Pffft, 'ghetto'. Brilliant is more like it...who'd think of chopping up 3 4 cyl heads, bolting the remains together and actually getting it to WORK and work well? They're just upset they didn't come up with it themselves.

I too am interested in what failed in the trans. I've put over 500hp to the ground through mine. Honestly I kept the shifts reasonable, but I too suspect something was already up with the tranny. That said, The T5 is obviously not the transmission of choice for this engine. I'm not sure I'd pick the z32 trans either. I guess it just depends on how hard you really want to push this set-up after you've done some realiability testing.

By the way, what kind of port work was done on these (this) heads(s)? Any flow numbers? It may have been posted before, but I don't recall it. Just curious on the difference between this head and a well ported L-series strictly in terms of flow.

I dont know if he ported the heads after I last had my hands on them, but I can tell you that the KA24DE head flows about 230 to 240cfm at around .350" of lift at 25" of vacuum. they flow ridiculiously well for a factory head.

I found a thread with a guy doing cross sections of ports and he has access to a flow bench. He got 283.6cfm @ .500" of lift and 28" of vacuum. insane.

EDIT: just read further into the thread, his first readings were inaccurate. he re-flowed a completely stock head on a better/newer machine and got about 242CFM@ .400"

KA24DE flow numbers

Actually on my flow bench, the intakes flow 262@28" of water. A stock L series head P90 flows 178. My best port job with radical port re-shaping etc. flows 227. The ex is where you see alot of gain, I cant remember exaclty what it was, but it was quite substantial.

Actually on my flow bench, the intakes flow 262@28" of water. A stock L series head P90 flows 178. My best port job with radical port re-shaping etc. flows 227. The ex is where you see alot of gain, I cant remember exaclty what it was, but it was quite substantial.

whats the difference between testing at 25" vs 28" of water?

jimbo