HybridZ

Duplicolor Paint Shop

Has anyone tried the Duplicolor Paint Shop brand paint? I saw it advertised yesterday on one of the car shows on tv and went to their website today.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/paintshop.html

It looks like the paint dries a little dull by looking at their pictures of the finished product. The thing I like about the paint is that it comes pre mixed ready to go.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to my local Advance Auto Parts store last night and bought the "Jet Black," primer and clear coat. I will be starting my home paint job this Friday morning when I get off of work.

I was just going to put another coat of epoxy primer on the car and had already bought some more to do the job and then I saw this stuff advertised. Now I will go ahead and lay down another coat of epoxy followed by the Duplicolor primer and then the top coat of jet black followed by the clear coat. I will as always show the pictures once I am done.

By the way this stuff costs me $19.88 a quart. The only other color in stock at this particular store was the Performance Red.

Keep you posted.

Went to my local Advance Auto Parts store last night and bought the "Jet Black," primer and clear coat. I will be starting my home paint job this Friday morning when I get off of work.

I was just going to put another coat of epoxy primer on the car and had already bought some more to do the job and then I saw this stuff advertised. Now I will go ahead and lay down another coat of epoxy followed by the Duplicolor primer and then the top coat of jet black followed by the clear coat. I will as always show the pictures once I am done.

By the way this stuff costs me $19.88 a quart. The only other color in stock at this particular store was the Performance Red.

Keep you posted.

Hey Charlie, you better check the weather, it may be to cold to paint this weekend!

Well I finally got around to painting my car with the Duplicolor Jet Black. I started around 3:00pm and finished around 3:00am! I will have to take more pictures when I can get it out in the sun. I already know I missed a couple of spots but I did not find them until I ran out of black! I still have to do my hatch door so I will get around to buying another quart or two in a couple of days. Here are some pics that I took tonight.

PIC_0077.JPG

PIC_0076.JPG

Overall I am pretty pleased with my first attempt at laying down a top coat. It does have orange peel but I think that I can wet sand that out when I get some time.

I will try to take some more pictures out in the sun when I get up today before I head off to work.