HybridZ

Wrecked Z Thread.

JustinOlson

After seeing this picture in the before and after thread, it kind opened my eyes to the downside of these little sports cars. I think it would be good for all of us if we saw what CAN happen to our Z if we dont drive responsibly.

Anyway, please post pictures of wrecked Z cars. I think its for the good of the community to remind us what can happen.

small1.JPG

Regards,

Justin Olson

going north on jefferson st. comming up on the entrance of a parking lot, doing about 60, a black ford exploder thought he could make it in front of me...

radiator was pushed into the timing cover and broke the belt too..

acident.jpg

This is what happens when you are speeding, talking to your buddy and driving around a long blind curve when there are cars suddenly stopped in front of you.....:redface: The ditch was the best option.

Sadly, this was my first Z which I bought in 1987 and wrecked a year later. Both my friend and I had a few scrapes and bruises but were OK considering.

1stzwreck.jpg

Well since my car is the one that sparked the thread here is another picture from the drivers side door looking in to the interior.

The only damage to myself was a scratch on my hip from the seat belt and I stepped on a piece of glass when I got out of the car.

The only body part on the car that wasn't damaged was the inspection panel on the passenger side and the hatch came out unscathed... the hatch is now on my 78 Z as sort of memento.

small2.JPG

Kevin

Well since my car is the one that sparked the thread here is another picture from the drivers side door looking in to the interior.

The only damage to myself was a scratch on my hip from the seat belt and I stepped on a piece of glass when I got out of the car.

The only body part on the car that wasn't damaged was the inspection panel on the passenger side and the hatch came out unscathed... the hatch is now on my 78 Z as sort of memento.

Kevin, Can you give us some details on how the wreck happened? It's amazing you were not more seriously injured.

small2.JPG

Kevin

Dude, that sucks. I love the white interior. Did you find the white interior pieces or use interior vinyl paint?

small2.JPG

Kevin

Man it's a good thing there was not a passenger in that little Z at the time of the wreck. Glad to hear you walked away with only a slight injury.

Kevin, Can you give us some details on how the wreck happened? It's amazing you were not more seriously injured.

I was accelerating to about 50 or so... too fast for the conditions and the tires. I had bald tires and it was the first rain we had in weeks so the ground was plenty slick and it was a pretty solid downpour.... back end got loose and before i could straighten it out, i was sideways and soon to have a light pole in my passenger seat.... after i got in the wreck and got my wits about me, i got out of the car cause the rear and front end were hanging out in the lanes of traffic cause the light pole was in the median of the street. luckily no one else hit it. whats amazing is i didn't realize the extent of the damage until i went back to the car a few hours later after it got towed. my jaw just dropped when i saw what i had gotten out of with nothing but a scratch on me.

Dude, that sucks. I love the white interior. Did you find the white interior pieces or use interior vinyl paint?

when i bought the car it had the white interior.... i did repaint the plastic pieces though cause they were rather dinged up and dirty. i just found a similar white in a spray paint can.

this is what the interior looked like prior to the havoc:

100_0004small.jpg

and the plastic pieces that i painted in the hatch.....

100_0018small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

remember the piglet thread????? wherein i showed my newly rearranged rear end of the z31 i called piglet????? that rear end job cost me my career after 30 years, when i was just getting paid well........neck re-damage......hit from behind by murderous bends on coronado bridge.....and that was hardly even damage...only the body--no frame involvement, at 55 mph, clear day, dry surface.....little traffic......qand, shady---blood is a greaT COLOR---AS LONG AS IT STAYS INSIDE---BUT I DEALT WITH THE BROKEN HUMAN REMAINSoops.......for 30 years......