HybridZ

LS2 in a box

243529754.jpg

This daily driver V8 Z is about to get a 6 liter makeover.

Dave Philipi of Roseburg Or. has owned this car for the last 2 years. and has driven it 30,000 miles.

Over the next month or so I will be installing an LS2 crate motor, and new T56 6 speed, along with power steering. (so his wife can drive it too!)

I will try to post pics on a regular basis to document the progress.

When I get done with the mechanical stuff. Dave's next step will be body & paint

BTW does anyone here recognise this car? have any history to share?

243530354.jpg

243530347.jpg

243529765.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a nice make over. Can't say I recognize the car.

Nice choice on the makeover.:2thumbs: You can put your old engine in the box the LS2 came in and send it to me.:D The car looks familiar but i don't know anything about it either. Good Luck.

Now that is a nice box to have UPS drop on your front porch. Good luck with the swap, it should be a really sweet ride. Seems like I said something about a swap in a month or so too, its going on 3 now and I still have quite a ways to go, LOL!

Merry christmas! I'd like to know how the power steering install goes. The LS2 is definately a great swap. I love mine.

Mike

Mike:

That is my car Dave Kipperman is working on. It sounds like your car is exactly what I am aiming for. I want a comfortable car, a daily driver. I have bought but not installed power windows and power mirrors. I also have the R200 lsd with CV axels. I have installed 350Z power heated seats, and it is getting close. Kipperman is a perfectionist. He has done the power steering install on his LS1 Z, and it works great. He is going to keep this thread updated on the whole project.

Anything you could give me on how your installation works (driveability, gas mielage, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

Bythe way, my other car (which will become my wife's car when this is done) is an 06 350Z Grand Touring in Lemans Sunset.

Dave Philippi

Dave,

I really have no idea about the gas mileage, I am waiting to try to drive it normally for a little while before I check it-can't seem to keep my right foot out of it. It does seem to get much better than the six though. I can't believe how much better the car is as an around town car. Better torque, steers easier, smoother running, just start and drive. No cooling issues so far either. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any questions I can help with.

Mike

Mike:

That is my car Dave Kipperman is working on. It sounds like your car is exactly what I am aiming for. I want a comfortable car, a daily driver.

Dave Philippi

OK, a "daily driver", but is Dave going to talk you into coming to play in the "V8 Z Battle Royale" here in Eugene? At the very least, we can setup a "Z stable" and at least have a bunch of cool Z cars grouped together in the parking lot! ;) Looking forward to seeing it.

Gary:

What exactly is the "Battle Royale". How many V8 Z's attend. I would at least like to attend to see what else is out there. And yes, Dave Kipperman is encouraging me to attend some competitions, which I might do, but the car is not being set up as a race car. No roll cage, 3-point seat belt, etc. So, depending on what your competitions are and what the requirements are, I would like to test the new "V8Z".

Please keep me informed as to schedule of events.

Thanks

Dave Philippi

Gary:

What exactly is the "Battle Royale". How many V8 Z's attend. I would at least like to attend to see what else is out there. And yes, Dave Kipperman is encouraging me to attend some competitions, which I might do, but the car is not being set up as a race car. No roll cage, 3-point seat belt, etc. So, depending on what your competitions are and what the requirements are, I would like to test the new "V8Z".

Please keep me informed as to schedule of events.

Thanks

Dave Philippi

I'm sure Dave will fill you in, but here's the deal:

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=119784