HybridZ

A real Hybrid Z?

82Beach Turbo

Like I said I love the gas cars, maybe a bad choice of wording on my part, I meant the idea of taking the shell of a Z with $ not an issue and blowin the socks off of an unsuspecting victim with something like a hydro fueled Z thats all I personally love all the mods everyone does on this site, its where I get ideas for my Z, and I dont plan on pumping anything but Gasoline in mine, Just a thought I had

My guess is part of it would have to do with the systems that need to be implemented to make a "true" hybrid car work. Have you actually sat down and looked at what is really inside a "hybrid" car? Just the charging system alone would pose enough of a problem that it would not really be a viable swap in my opinion. Then you have the issue of where to mount those thousand pound batteries, sensors, wiring and on and on. They are really hi-tech cars that were basically designed around the "system". Maybe I am just making things seem harder then they really are, but I just can't really see it being accomplished. I can see the costs getting out of hand rather quick...but I'm no engineer and only a half back yard mechanic.

An all-electric (EV) or any other alternative fuel would probably be easier to accomplish in a Z. I guess if you could find a donor gasoline/electric vehicle anything's possible.

Personally, I'm half considering attempting an e85 l28et.

E85 has some very desirable qualities. Like 105 octane rating. obvioulsy fuel milage suffers but not all the time. meaning only when you get into it. other wise expect to get 90% of what you did before when "normal" driving.

ethal alchol has much lower btu content per gallon, to produce the same hp it takes 40% more fuel. usually depenging on boost level an inter cooler can be done away with. thus making the whole system more responive and efficent.

• 2 weeks later...