HybridZ

New Car...

Duke

Just picked up a CL55 Mercedes AMG Brabus ...couple years old but wicked fast...I was looking around for a skyline that had been federalized, basically a fast coupe daily driver, and then I test drove this thing...wow....

The technology in this thing is awesome. for example: Integrated sequential multipoint fuel injection and phased twin-spark ignition includes individual cylinder control of fuel spray, spark timing and phase, and antiknock. Electronic throttle includes adaptive accelerator, which provides more rapid throttle opening in response to the speed at which the accelerator pedal is depressed. Two high-energy ignition coils and two spark plugs per cylinder, with 100,000-mile spark plug intervals.

These are not pics of the actual car, (These pics show the AMG rims and mine has the Brabus package,) but the color is the same. I'll post actual pics later.

http://www.goo-net.com/cgi-bin/search/disp_pic2.cgi?20251512_200407a.jpg

http://www.14tka.com/abcars/samochody/mercedes/cl55/benz-cl55-amg-003.jpg

http://www.14tka.com/abcars/samochody/mercedes/cl55/benz-cl55-amg-f1-limited-edition-002.jpg

Very nice! When I housed a foreign exchange student from Argentina, he had an Uncle who lived in Pasadena who happened to drive a CL55 AMG. He took me for a ride it in and its simply amazing. The car has so much torque its ridiculous. I've been in a VERY modified M3, a 350bhp 240z, a 380hp wrx, and this thing puts them all to shame.

Guest Crispy Chicken
Very nice! When I housed a foreign exchange student from Argentina, he had an Uncle who lived in Pasadena who happened to drive a CL55 AMG. He took me for a ride it in and its simply amazing. The car has so much torque its ridiculous. I've been in a VERY modified M3, a 350bhp 240z, a 380hp wrx, and this thing puts them all to shame.

My friend jack has a CL55 AMG. It's a really nice car!!! I drive it all the time.. I dont' think it's as quick as people think. Well I don't know what you consider quick but a 350hp 240z 240sx will give a 4300 lb CL55 a run for it's money. If not a spanking!!!

• Administrators
Brabus is pretty much wheels and stuff, the AMG V8 engine is unchanged...I'm okay with that.

No idea what these guys are saying but it's fun to watch, and commuting will not be the same...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI0ebmlS8aY

AWESOME drift angles… great video. COOL car, congrats on your purchase. I wanna ride!

Power-on over steer RULES!!!!

(wrong wheel drive pull toys, need not apply… )

Ok I'm very, very impressed with this awesome piece of machinery, but the way they try to make everything sound technically cool and unique is funny...

I'll translate what the benz spec sheet said.

The technology in this thing is awesome. for example: Integrated sequential multipoint fuel injection (standard on every new GM since the 90's) and phased twin-spark ignition (sounds like wasted spark ignition "twin spark" COP also on GM products) includes individual cylinder control of fuel spray( every sequential multipoint EFI does this), spark timing and phase (also known as "ignition timing and dwell control", standard on every car with distributorless ignition), and antiknock(any decent EFI , especially distributorless, also has a knock sensor!). Electronic throttle includes adaptive accelerator, which provides more rapid throttle opening in response to the speed at which the accelerator pedal is depressed.(which means that MB made an electric throttle behave like a cable...BRAVO! Talk about using technology just to use it) Two high-energy ignition coils and two spark plugs per cylinder(which is a fancy way of saying individual coils) , with 100,000-mile spark plug intervals (all new cars have this, new emission standards must be met 100k down the road)

Again not knocking anything...I just love when some advertising guy tries to make everyday stuff (even if it's a bit more advanced than your average car's EFI) seem exotic.

In a nutshell, the only thing that really has that your average late model General motors or Nissan or toyota or.....you name it product doesn't is...nothing. (None of those cars have 1000ft lb of torque either, I'm definitely respecting the car, and MB, but I just hate to see something that's only reasonably complicated be made to sound like rocket science.)

All of the ignition control, fuel control, electronic throttle, and spark plug features of that benz can also be found on a garden variety Cobalt, but they don't advertise it like it's some new development. (of course I'm sure the benz is much more refined, as it's price would justify.)