HybridZ

?s on front strut reinstal

Guest nezzie76

Guest nezzie76

All I can figure is that I'm not seeing something. I'm trying to reinstall my struts after putting coilovers on and I can't get them in. The problem is that the ball joint refuses to reconnect to the bottom of the strut. The ball joint is pointing outward, the bottom of the strut is pointing towards the car and even when I jack the control arm up the won't close on each other.

I'm thinking that the steering knuckle has to be disconnected from the steering shaft but it doesn't seem to disconnect there either.

So guys, what's the secret?

Guest nezzie76

Yeah, definately. Just give me a time you would be willing. I'm afraid that we'll have to drop the same stuff you did. But then I have to fix all the other things that are wrong to (like new bushings).

Guest nezzie76

You were right Mike, the ball joint is able to move. What I did was get everything ready, with the ball joint all **** -eyed, then I put the jack under ONLY the steering knuckle and the jack popped it into place. Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm stuck at the wheel bearing now because I forgot what order the little bearings, washers and nuts go on in.