HybridZ

Who had a crazy day at work today?

veritech-z

Bet it wasn't as crazy as mine. I work in parts at a Saturn Dealership (figured I'd give a little exposition for those who don't know), and across the street we've got a raw wood furniture store, a gun range, and a laser tag arena. Well, around 4pm today, we realized there is no traffic going up and down the 6 lane highway we're based on, and a there are in fact at least 8 squad cars with the attendant officers pointing guns across the trunk/hood/open doors towards the front door of (get this:) The GUNRANGE of all places! It seems an unknown assailant was holding about five people hostage in the gunrange. I'm dying to know how that situation played out...I always kind of suspected that that was EXACTLY the sort of thing that drove people to go to the gunrange in the first place, the idea of being prepared to overpower an armed assailant...but anyway, how does one guy with a gun take over an entire business full of people that are in the process of shooting guns? Long story short: by the time I was locking up the parts department (I'm the only one in that department...see the many drawing threads for information about how I spend my time all day...) we had a parking lot full of Deputies, and two snipers in the shop. Wearing Gillie suits...so far as I know the situation is still in progress.

I always kind of suspected that that was EXACTLY the sort of thing that drove people to go to the gunrange in the first place, the idea of being prepared to overpower an armed assailant...but anyway, how does one guy with a gun take over an entire business full of people that are in the process of shooting guns?

If the assailant held a hostage at gun point and treatens to kill him/her unless all other ppl put down their guns...it would end up like that.

snip ... Wearing Gillie suits...so far as I know the situation is still in progress.

Why in the world would you want to wear a Gillie suit in the city? Aren't those things camoflage and the like?

Morrow%20with%20gillie%20suit%20facing%20right-773717.jpg

I guess if you have some trees or schrubs it would be good?

-Gregg-

gillie suits aren't always "camo"....they come in urban colors, camo, desert camo, etc...

the idea of the gillie suit is that it breaks up the human siliouette...which is very distinguishable(sp?). So they could hide on the top of a roof or even on the lawn of the dealership and it would be hard to tell if it was a bush or a person. really cool stuff

anyways sounds like a pretty exciting day at the office eh?

NOBODY is as bored as I am right now. I can't even leave because my car is in the service shop and they "MIGHT" finish it by the time they close at 6pm.... :-( It's FRIDAY too and I can't freaking leave. I also have an hour commute. I am being held hostage by Subaru. Did I mention half of my company got half a day today so it's basically a ghost town here.

Well mine is pretty close (I work as a 911 operator/dispatcher) today I've earned the nickname Dr. Doom 5 CPR calls, 2 suicides, and 1 7month old SIDS case.... oh and I've got 5 more hrs to go in my 12 hr shift. YEAY, though yours seems a like a lot cooler "crazy" than mine :P .

Tyson