HybridZ

Z's video!!!

ULISES

Wow..those guys take their Street Racing VERY seriously. I know its easy to preach to take it off the streets, but its a RUSH and the hype with everyone around you, the cars, and the money is climatic. If you have ever particpated in any type of Street Racing you will know.

That Z is incredible (understatement)...and I enjoyed that 25minute vid, music was pretty good too...!

I heard an ice cream cone just before a street race is always good luck...LOL!

Yasin

Chris "White Boy" is a good friend of mine and yes a member of HybridZ. org. The silvver Z was a true street car, the black one was stretching it a bit. He has since retired from the streets and is back at the track. I was at most of those races and yes they take it very serious, just as serious as the track Boys!

I raced the black Z in my 10 second all motor Z and it was brutal to say the least...LOL

People talk about having a fast street car. Some are talking about thier plug wires and shiny catback adding "fiddy HP...atleast!". Others discuss thier cam choice or 60ft tricks. Then there are a select few who have been there and now have grown into gearheads. Gearheads who own some truly quick, street-going rods that are into the 10s, if not tickling 9s on DOT rubber.

Then there are the rare lunatics, like the guy in that video! These rare but marvelous characters have a relationship with speed like a crackhead has with the pipe. They are usually MacGuyver'ish and design/fab parts in a pinch but are not afraid to spend good money to go fast. After steadily graduating from faster car to faster car, they eventually snowball into full lunatic mode and build scary, balls-out rides like that Z. This i when they are, by far, the most fun to watch! Not only have they built this monster but they arent afraid to use it. A fearless right foot and balls that clank, coupled with better than 1000HP makes for quite a trip :D

8s..on the street..THAT is a fast street car. :wow:

Thats an awesome car, love it. But, no offense or anything, I find cars like Zgads more impressive. 245 width tire, no huge cowl, a very subtle idle, and he is running 8.90s on more of a "true" street car IMO. If i read some of his posts correctly, he is getting high 20s in the mile per gallon department when he drives it to the track. Both cars are awesome, they just made it to the 8s in very different ways I suppose.

I must say Zgad, Mike's Z car is probably one of the most impressive street cars I have seen. So much so that I have toyed with doing that exact same swap and dumping my 10 second sbc stroker set up. Even on the juice my ride is a high 9 second car.

Not even close to what Zgad is getting out of his.