HybridZ

Seat swap list

bschiltz

Most of the seats mentioned in this thread are from some other type of car .....does anybody have any experience putting new after market seats in there Z...like ...status seats ...bride seats...or even the recaro spg?...anybody ?

Edited by theatriks

I don't mean any offense, but have you tried searching the "Interior" sub-forum using those keywords?  There are plenty of threads discussing those exact seat installs, which should hopefully give you more than enough info.  Not sure what year your Z is, but there's another 'seat swap' list that's specific to 280s (and late '74 260s), unique because of the reduced lower width due to the bulge in the trans tunnel to allow space for the cat converter.  You can find that thread at:

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/88301-280z-seat-swap-list/?hl=%20280z%20%20seat

Hope this helps, and be sure to post your results as well, after you've completed your swap.  Thx, and happy motoring!

r/jhm

Dude been searching forever on this plus i have been through all the threads your talking about ...and in all those threads that your saying are full of info there not. My question was does anybody have any info on fitting status seats ? only one mention of status seats on  this site in a 4 post thread ....or i also mentioned brides seats ....the only place i have found talk on bride is in those threads for maybe a split second somebody mentioned the gias 2 in the early Zs.....thers also a build thread ben280 throws replica bride buckets in his 280z but no mention of which type of bride and are the replicas same size as the real thing......my car is a late year 260z so im looking for info on anybody that has installed these seats into a late  year 260z or 280z.......again those threads you mention and all this wealth of knowledge about those seats on this site does not exsist.....but by all means if you do come across what im specifically looking for please post. Theres Tons of info on here about fitting used seats from another vehicule in the Z, but thats not what im after .   I want to know what status ....bride ....or recaro seats(new.. not from a 1970s mercedes)fit in my Z .. and not replica ones the real deal......not much  info on that anywhere my friend ( probably because no wants to spend 2 grand on seats lol ) but thanks for your help.

Edited by theatriks

Thanks dude i did see that ...i might go the sparco route .....my problem is all the after market car shops in town dont carry any seats in stock its all catalogue order...which is wild because i guess these shops are expecting people to shell out over 2 grand without people seating in them first lol ......but from the research ive gathered the widest up top i can go is about 21.5 inches or else it hits the window.....and like i said in the previous post lots of guys are getting bride gias and stradias in  there early Zs...but no findings on later Zs for brides ...or recaros ....i guess maybe thats because none will fit except maybe the sparcos.....although the bride exas 3 is only 510mm at the ears i just cant get a ass seat measurment from anybody ....they provide the width of the seat but not the width of just where your arse goes.....any who since i dont have shops in my town that carry seats i have to go by measurements and compare them to my friends race seats that he has now lol.

I can tell you that my Sparco's almost hit my window. I'd say they touch just barely. Also, if you redrill the brackets, you can shift the seat left or right. I know I have over 2 inches of space from the side of my seat to the center console. I may redo the brackets to bring it in closer.

Thanks again man that's great info so at least I know that the sparcos will work ....and shifting it more to the center console doesn't seem like a big deal but will it throw you off meaning will you not have the steering wheel centered in front of you ?

• 5 months later...
Theatriks,

Did you purchase your seats yet? If yes, how did they turn out?

I had Recaros  in my 260z using Recaro brand brackets and just bought Recaro brackets to mount Recaro seats in my 280z. They fit fine in the 260z. I replaced them with Miata seats for the time being as I am turning the interior to tan from black. I will let you know, after I mount the Recaros in the 280z , how they fit. 

JB

Hey Jb i have the seats and the brackets ready to go ....just waiting for the snow to melt.....the bride brackets are a perfect match to my late 260z brackets. From just eyeballing....it looks like they will drop right in ....i will post pics soon when weather permits.

• 10 months later...