HybridZ

Seat swap list

bschiltz

I am also going with the C5 Vette (Z06) seats in my Z, but I loved the 3rd gen RX-7 seats (the R1 version came with black suede) and were very easy to install in my 510 and would definitely work in the Z.

49casper-interior2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cygnusx1 - Do you have any photos of how you mounted those seats?

I've got a set of 80s-ish Recaros that I pulled out of a 240Z. The mounting bracket on the driver's seat won't clear the hump in the floor/trans tunnel in my 75 280Z.

Here are the S2000 seats sitting in my Z. They are not a bolt in and required the sheet metal to be modified to get them to sit in the car. The trans tunnel is too wide on the drivers side of my 280z for these to fit. I had to beat that down. I'm going to be doing some welding for nice brackets this week hopefully.

picture024xp1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I've got a spare set of 914 seats - how hard was it to mount them?

Well, I'm ghetto and I just custom fabricated some square bar onto a thicker piece of sheet metal, mainly because the shell I have had some interior rust (Previous owner didnt garage a rag top). I also like to sit higher than most.

I have no idea if the seats themselves fit in the original sliders or anything, because my car was completely stripped of everything when I bought it. Actually, I don't even know if Z's have seat slider's or what the original seat components look like at all.

No banging and hammering, though.

Guest treblaz

I am new to this site. Given the response, I will be sure to support the site the best I can.

I have a few options now. Time to do some numbers

treblaz

Mazda Mx6 seat with a sparco sprint seat.

seat31.jpg

I have the one Mazda Mx6 seat in queue at the local upholsterer, although I'm not sure if I'm going to use them or not. They are not as light as I would like them to be, and they require some serious mods to get them to sit low enough in my 240Z. prepare yourself for lots of cutting and grinding. (please note that I also needed to modify the passenger side extensively because my battery is mounted between the seat rails, so your results may vary.)

The Sparco seat is a great budget fixed back seat and has served me (and others when the Z was in paint jail. ) well for the last 7 years of Z ownership but it is time for my z to switch rolls and I'm looking for something more comfortable for longer trips. I'm seriously considering modifying the stock 240Z seats to accept four point harnesses, and adding bolstering to the bottom and sides while they are disassembled.

• 4 weeks later...

I just spent a day looking for seats at several auto wreckers. I found a set of 2003 Saab 93 seats that should fit in a 240Z. The width is just under 22 inches and the seat rails look like they would be easy to modify. The driver's side seat is powered. No air bags. Price $400.00.

Has anyone installed 2003 SAAB 93 seats in Z?

Miles

I just spent a day looking for seats at several auto wreckers. I found a set of 2003 Saab 93 seats that should fit in a 240Z. The width is just under 22 inches and the seat rails look like they would be easy to modify. The driver's side seat is powered. No air bags. Price for black leather is $400.00.

Has anyone installed 2003 SAAB 93 seats in Z?

Miles