HybridZ

Seat swap list

bschiltz

i was told that if i was to put S2000 seat's in my S130 i would have to weld them in.............sounds stupid i think. so did u have to weld them in...... i feel stupied for posting this question but must know.

S2000 seats. They sit lower than the Eclipse seats that were in it when I got the car. Now my head doesn't rub the ceiling.

zseats023.jpg

zseats022.jpg

i was told that if i was to put S2000 seat's in my S130 i would have to weld them in.............sounds stupid i think. so did u have to weld them in...... i feel stupied for posting this question but must know.

I put these seats in my 74 260 and they do seem to sit high, I might have to cut off the stock brackets below the seats and weld them in, that should take an inch or so off.

Oct15pic029.jpg

Oct15pic014.jpg

No, I made some new brackets using flat stock steel 3/16" thick and 1.5 " wide.

There are 4 pcs of flat stock that I used. The first two run front to back and line up over the holes in the floor. Bolt them to the floor. The 2nd set run left to right. On the driver side, I had to put the flat stock on top of the left bracket closest to the door and under the bracket next to the trans tunnel. That got the seat to sit level and lower. Do the same with the passenger side. The 2nd set of flat stock mounts will also hang past the first set of flat stock mounts. Then you put the seat in and get it lined up. Mark the holes and then drill them out so you can bolt the seat in. The idea is that the first set will bolt to the existing holes in the floor and the 2nd set will bolt to the holes in the seat.

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

I have a 2002 WRX with those in it. I am not sure if they would fit in my Z but I can comment on the seats. VERY comfortable and pretty tight bolstering for a factory seat. They feel better than the newer model WRX's. I think they have airbags in them so be careful.

Im still looking to see if anyone has put the 300zx seats from a z32 in a Z. Anyone seen it yet or have pics, im really thinking about doing it.

Tried to help you out a bit. Here in this link the seats fit in the 280zx. So find out the seat dimensions needed for a 280zx and then yours and theres your answer. Sorry I didn't have the time to finish up my project but if ya have the seats, if they are wider than 21'' its really gonna be hard to fit (thats for a 240z, 280z have to have slightly smaller).

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=114021&highlight=300zx+seats

I tried my own post, but maybe this one will get more results. Has anyone tried Pulsar seats? There's one post in here that says they will fit, just want to see if anyone has tried it yet. I'm gonna go check the J/Y again this week, they had a set out of an 87 Pulsar last week in pretty good shape for 40.00. If no one has done it yet, I will try to post pics after install.

These fit nice, I have them in my 75 280z they sit a bit high (I'm 6 foot) but its not too bad they don't slide back as far as i would like. The passenger side Seat bolts straight into the holes on the Seat bracket but its too long in the back so i got some pipe and cut it to Two Inches and bolted them down.

The drivers side I did the same thing on the back, but in the front you have to drill a new hole on the left side because the tracks are a little wider apart then on the Passenger side. They both fit well and clear the doors and the Seat belts.

0827091754_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Here is my Recaro LS seats in 72 240z. They are originally mounted in Audi RS2

LOVE those seats. I am partial to installing modern looking bucket seats in a 197_ car. For some reason they just dont look right in my opinion. Now, race seats in a race 240Z is a different story. But for a daily driver I dont think they look right.

I WANT your seats!

Digging that suede center console / dash too man. We have similar tastes. Oh, and I love Norsk girls too ; )

S2000 seats. They sit lower than the Eclipse seats that were in it when I got the car. Now my head doesn't rub the ceiling.

zseats023.jpg

zseats022.jpg

This makes me want to rip out my seats from my s2000 and put it in the z. BTW, what type of carpet kit is that? I noticed your wheel housing are also covered in carpet along with the tranny tunnel. Where did you get that kit? or is it custom?

Here is my Recaro LS seats in 72 240z. They are originally mounted in Audi RS2

SDC10077.jpg

SDC10081.jpg

SDC10086.jpg

Can I ask for that part number on the Bride Rails? Where did you get those from? Do they mount to stock holes or did you have to fab them into the frame?