HybridZ

Seat swap list

bschiltz

Or at least that's the name on the seats headrest area. Got them for $360 off craigslist. The guy had them in his 240SX and thought they were too soft. Just right for me... And the wife. That's a plus.

Just had to drill new holes 3/16" to the outer upper corner of the front stock holes, and 1/8" wider to the outer part of the rear holes. So I can go back to stock in a heart beat.

Dave

31951350096_medium.jpg26352670047_medium.jpg26352670049_medium.jpg

I know my 70' 240Z and my 74' 260Z are the same. but I'm gonna guess and say that all S30's are the same bolt pattern for the seats (240Z, 260Z, 280Z )

Im in australia and this applies to my 2+2's, but my 77 rails were different to the ones in my 74. Can't remember exactly how, something to do with access to the bolts. All I remember is that the 77 rails were a lot easier to unbolt. I just swithced the rails on the seats. The rails bolted up to the seat fine. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I got these from someone out in Indiana, neither he nor I know where they came from...

I am 6'6" so I had so get the seats as low to the floor and as far back as I could so I drilled extra holes in the stock s130 rails and bolted em in. The rail closer to the center console bolts in but I have to drill new holes in the floor about 2" over and bolt it in. They fit nice, reclining and sliding.

Just so y'all know the car is for sale with the seats included...

IMG00115-20091009-0931.jpg

IMG00114-20091009-0931.jpg

cygnusx1 - Do you have any photos of how you mounted those seats?

I've got a set of 80s-ish Recaros that I pulled out of a 240Z. The mounting bracket on the driver's seat won't clear the hump in the floor/trans tunnel in my 75 280Z.

I have some mount photos in my photobucket page. Just search it. Click "My Restoration Photos" This Recaro part bolts to the stock BMW/Recaro sliders and directly to the stock mounting points on the Z.

Or at least that's the name on the seats headrest area. Got them for $360 off craigslist. The guy had them in his 240SX and thought they were too soft. Just right for me... And the wife. That's a plus.

Just had to drill new holes 3/16" to the outer upper corner of the front stock holes, and 1/8" wider to the outer part of the rear holes. So I can go back to stock in a heart beat.

Dave

31951350096_medium.jpg26352670047_medium.jpg26352670049_medium.jpg

Hey Dave. Nice seats do you know who makes them? Are you tall? Just wondering how they would fit me being 6'4".

Thanks Brian

Hey Dave. Nice seats do you know who makes them? Are you tall? Just wondering how they would fit me being 6'4".

Thanks Brian

Well, my son is 6'2" and he has head clearance and says the sits are awesome. but he's also a broomstick so width is not an issue for him.

I'm 5' 7" and barely 135 lbs soaking wet. They fit me but there's room to spare. if you're height/weight proportionate, @ 6'4" they would be snug but fit you.

I don't know the exact manufacturer but they say NISMO (Nissan Motorsports International) on the headrest. sorry I don't have more info for ya.

Dave

Well, my son is 6'2" and he has head clearance and says the sits are awesome. but he's also a broomstick so width is not an issue for him.

I'm 5' 7" and barely 135 lbs soaking wet. They fit me but there's room to spare. if you're height/weight proportionate, @ 6'4" they would be snug but fit you.

I don't know the exact manufacturer but they say NISMO (Nissan Motorsports International) on the headrest. sorry I don't have more info for ya.

Dave

Thanks Im 6'4" and about 200lbs. A friend found a set on a local craigslist. They look similar to yours but not exact. Seller says they are from this company. http://www.nrginnovations.com/ But no specs on there website. Do they sit low in the car?

Thanks again Brian

• 4 weeks later...

I grabbed a pair of no name generic racing seats today at the UPIC part of the junkyard. $70 for the pair with tax and the "environmental fee".

They measure 24" wide at the shoulder wings, but I put them in the 240 no problem. They touch the door panel when it's closed, but I'm a big guy anyway so meh.

Haven't figured out my mounting yet but so far this looks like it will work. Can't go wrong for $70. Was looking for some old Recaros but wasn't going to pass these up jsut in case. A good vacuum and shampoo and they'll be good to go.

so in the beginning of this thread it said eclipse seats will fit?

will they bolt right in?

i have a 94 Talon and 92 eclipse, both sets of seats in fairer shape than my 280's...

anyone?

I think I have 92 Eclipse GS seats can't remember the year for sure, but on the passenger side they bolt on to the holes on the top part of the rail where it is flat not the part the curves down if that makes sense. Anyways the rails are to long for the back rail. Also on the driver's side I had to move it about an inch closer to the door because of the Transmission hump. But the seats fit fairly well with out a lot of modification. Hope this helps.

Also the above seats are in a 1975 280z 2+2.