HybridZ

Seat swap list

bschiltz

These fit nice, I have them in my 75 280z they sit a bit high (I'm 6 foot) but its not too bad they don't slide back as far as i would like. The passenger side Seat bolts straight into the holes on the Seat bracket but its too long in the back so i got some pipe and cut it to Two Inches and bolted them down.

The drivers side I did the same thing on the back, but in the front you have to drill a new hole on the left side because the tracks are a little wider apart then on the Passenger side. They both fit well and clear the doors and the Seat belts.

Here is my Original post 280znoob

Guest skimattybee

i need some seats with seat belts attached to put in my 260, any suggestions? i have original 260 seats in now , just want to get rid of the original seat belt setup

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
I have '86 Z31 seats in my S130 and they weren't exactly bolt-in. The Z31 slider rails are about 3/4" further apart, so I wound up using washers to clamp the side of the tunnel-side rails. The rear also had to be spaced up to level out the seats, the outer a bit more than the inner rail (at the very least, you need to space the outside to straighten the sliders). I actually ran out of stud before I had the seats where I really wanted them. By preference I'd have lowered the front, but that's not really possible without some fab work.

There's a bit of interference with the lower seat belt mount at the seat hinge which on the driver's side prevents the (power) seat from going all the way back, but my legs are short enough that isn't a problem. Biggest problem for me is that the original rear studs place the seat too far back, as the Z31 sliders aren't as long as the S130 ones.

Also, for anyone considering this: the Z31 seat belt buckles will latch onto the S130 belt. They will not hold the belt. Ask me how I know this. :banghead:

Summary: only 1 rail will bolt directly on, spacers are required, transplant your original belt buckles, watch for interference with the seat belt if you have long legs.

After Friday night, I can also add that this mounting, crappy as it may sound, will hold up to rolling an S130. And that stock seat belts in good shape will also hold up (literally).

Sonethirty: Those just look right at home in a s130. What year crx are they from?

I dont remember for sure. 93? I think? I believe they were being made by recaro at the time. I actually got the idea from someone on here back in 2002. Cost me like 30 bucks or something if I remember correctly, just chased them down on a local forum. Just a small amount of modification and they went right in.

I love em, they hug your sides and dont put you too high up in the air.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone tried these out for fitment, or know of any installed in a 240z? I'm serious about buying a pair...

** EDIT: NM, I found the sizes for all the critical areas...:2thumbs:

post-181-12727700176312_thumb.jpg

post-181-12727697182488_thumb.jpg

post-181-12727697051352_thumb.jpg

I would like to see some pics if you decide to install them. A company here in California makes a bunch of Bride replica seats and they make a replica of this particular model and I was thinking about buying a pair.

I would like to see some pics if you decide to install them. A company here in California makes a bunch of Bride replica seats and they make a replica of this particular model and I was thinking about buying a pair.

Id like to know to please

everyone . . . I've actually purchased those exact seats, just not with the grain effect. I will be getting my seats sometime in July. If someone lives in CA and can help me make the brackets I'd love to have the help. If not then I'll prob have to fab onto up or pay to have them made for me. :(

everyone . . . I've actually purchased those exact seats, just not with the grain effect. I will be getting my seats sometime in July. If someone lives in CA and can help me make the brackets I'd love to have the help. If not then I'll prob have to fab onto up or pay to have them made for me. :(

Did you buy the replica's from Sonic Motorsports?

yep, that's the one I posted up here a while ago and got some people's input. I got the exact seat mentioned above, but in FRP instead of CF. (cheaper for me and I only care about the feel of the seat. I'm sure the CF isn't the best around, and its probably just a cover over FRP haha.)

I sat in the seats and they are VERY comfortable. It sucks though, cause they are taking FOREVER to get in, but should be here by August.

• 4 weeks later...

I am using oem seats removed from a 97 pontiac sunfire. They fit very well,without raising the seat base height. I`m sure that`s not much of an issue if you are under 5`, but i need all the headroom I can get. With only slight modification to the track with a rotary cutter, they can accept the stock s30 seat track.