HybridZ

Seat swap list

bschiltz

Can most of the bucket type racing seats be made to fit the 240 with some modifications to the frame?

I am ditching stock seats in favor of fancy buckets, but not sure which are too wide, or too tall or if most any can fit.

Tj 1973 240z

• 4 weeks later...

Z32 leather seats on my 78 S30. I got both seats for cheap. (30 USD)

dsc01704x.jpg

dsc01910d.jpg

dsc00015i.jpg

dsc01718f.jpg

This side rubs badly with the armrest, the seats aren't mounted "teh right way".

dsc01706y.jpg

S30 seat rail on the Z32 seat, one bolt will fit, the other no so i had to use self-tapping sheetmetal screws.

dsc01714ete.jpg

Again, this will no fit, so i used the miracle scrws again, this was temporarily because the car is undergoing a complete restomod.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried these out for fitment, or know of any installed in a 240z? I'm serious about buying a pair...

** EDIT: NM, I found the sizes for all the critical areas...:2thumbs:

post-181-12727700176312_thumb.jpg

post-181-12727697182488_thumb.jpg

post-181-12727697051352_thumb.jpg

Well, I got the seats in and had some brackets made for them. I installed them last night and it looks like they fit perfectly. The only problem is that the top left bolster is hit BARELY bit the door. I have the interior door panels off right now because I'm doing some work and they don't touch, but the space between them is seriously like under 2 CM. but, there is enough space on the other side that if you made your own brackets you could move the seat over to the left just a tad and be perfect.

I can post up pics if needed, but that's not going to be for a few days.

• 4 months later...

The bride seats look amazing! And I'm glad your having success with them.

Although, I have a few friends that's have those exact seats and they are not happy with them at all. They all have had ripping issues and the seats just show wearing with in a years time.

Al I'm saying is you may want to consider a vinal or leather bride seat, if your going with bride at all.

Racaro is the only seat that I personaly will trust to spend money on if its going to be cloth or Suade.

I'm going to be using Cobra 40th anniversary carbon seats(leather)

Well, I got the seats in and had some brackets made for them. I installed them last night and it looks like they fit perfectly. The only problem is that the top left bolster is hit BARELY bit the door. I have the interior door panels off right now because I'm doing some work and they don't touch, but the space between them is seriously like under 2 CM. but, there is enough space on the other side that if you made your own brackets you could move the seat over to the left just a tad and be perfect.

I can post up pics if needed, but that's not going to be for a few days.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey yallllllllllllllllll...

Add to the List 2008 Mazda MX5 Miata Seats annnnnnnnd seat belt conversion~

I found these Brand new seats on Craigslist couple of weeks ago with seat belts for $100 bucks! Freaking brand new and the owner had stripped his Miata to build a race car in which he had aftermarket seats and these weren't even used. So killer deal and I was on Craigslist looking for older 90's miata seats but these were a killer steal. As I am driving to pick them up, about 1 hour drive which was worth it, I kept thinking please please be flat bottom mounted please........ And they are!

The front part of the seats didn't need any modification except drilling 2 new holes on the S30 front bracket which each seat stud was 13" apart and datsun seats were like 11". The Rear of the seat just needed a flat 1.5" wide flat channel bar to offset the width about 1/2" on each side and about 1.5" back, and that's about it.

So I even used the 2008 Miata seat belts, which was freaking awesome because the 14 or 17mm bolt on the C pillar of the S30 was the same thread! and freaking bolted on. I just made a custom bracket for the seat belts. Miatas were convertibles so the seat belt assembly had to sit where I put it due to the length of the retraction. I tried putting the seat belts on the floor as stock ones, but it too way too much tension taken and the unit kept wanting to fully retract, so I built my own cage for it. Migged it up, and bolted two 10mm in the middle of the lid compartments, and 3 (M8 bolts and nuts) drilled through the rear strut tower support bar.

LMK what you think, it's freaking awesome upgrade. The seats are perfect. No rubbing, Slides fully back and forward. Miata seat has tilt pump ratcheting handle which moves the seat cushion up and down, so awesome. Height is almost as low as stock s30 seats, these will fit 6" to 6'2", Im 5'7" so heck, it's superb.

SDC13869.jpg

SDC13872.jpgSDC13864.jpg

SDC13863.jpg

SDC13867.jpg

SDC13866.jpg

Edited by Ducer

• 3 months later...

I am curious if anyone has tried BMW E32 seats. I just found some in good condition that I thought could work, but wondering about height of course. I didn't find anything about E32 seats in this thread or a few others. I know that E30 80's style recaro's are an option. Still more curious about the E32's at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

I am curious if anyone has tried BMW E32 seats. I just found some in good condition that I thought could work, but wondering about height of course. I didn't find anything about E32 seats in this thread or a few others. I know that E30 80's style recaro's are an option. Still more curious about the E32's at this point.

Anybody?

• 4 months later...

I just had a look at a few BMW seats, it seems as though the profile may be to high. I think you need a very low seat for the S30. Maybe somebody can still chime in regarding E32 seats, although I get the feeling nobody reads the "interior" forum.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

NRG RSC-400BK seats fit great with no mods to the car or the seats themselves. The price for a set isn't too bad either. I'll try to post some pics later tonight once they're in for good.

Man, what an old but valid thread >>>>>>>>> post-36683-0-57165200-1373470539_thumb.jpgpost-36683-0-06810600-1373470570_thumb.jpg my leather RECARO seats , they have that magic feel / scent that invites for spirited driving  :icon12:

Edited by PLATA
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

S2000 seats. They sit lower than the Eclipse seats that were in it when I got the car. Now my head doesn't rub the ceiling.

zseats023.jpg

zseats022.jpg

I was wondering if anyone had done S2K seats... they look as good as I hoped in a Z :)