HybridZ

Insane VQ great fabrication

roninjiro

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i need a better shot of the inside of that plenum, almost looks like theres a shelf created by the over lap of the tubes. that would be less than ideal in my mind. The lack of velocity stack probly has something to do with the fact he is shoving so much boost in there it probly would make little difference. I did it to my l-6 manifold but i have no idea how its gonna work. peace.

I wonder why they opted not to use velocity stacks inside that plenum instead of just sections of tube? Maybe they've just got an internal radius?

if you read what the fabricator wrote about the intake manifold, he's not finished with it and the tubes you see inside are actually too long and are just for mock up and are later going to be made into velocity stacks. alot of fabrication going on there, see how those t3/60-1 are pretty much hanging on by some wire, alot of weight on those headers. nicely made equal length headers though.

• 1 month later...
I wonder why they opted not to use velocity stacks inside that plenum instead of just sections of tube? Maybe they've just got an internal radius?

if you read what the fabricator wrote about the intake manifold, he's not finished with it and the tubes you see inside are actually too long and are just for mock up and are later going to be made into velocity stacks. alot of fabrication going on there, see how those t3/60-1 are pretty much hanging on by some wire, alot of weight on those headers. nicely made equal length headers though.

Hi, sorry. I've been a member on this forum for a while now but never really come on here. The intake manifold is just about done and yes, they have stacks in them. The wire supporting the turbos is just to show how the turbos will be hung. I will be fabricating some heim joints that will support the full weight of the turbos/wastegates/downpipes/etc.

I will be fabricating some heim joints that will support the full weight of the turbos/wastegates/downpipes/etc.

I don't know what a helm joint is. I'm sure you know well enough to support their weight using the engine or that you you're gonna have solid motor mounts. Looks awesome, though!

I don't know what a helm joint is. I'm sure you know well enough to support their weight using the engine or that you you're gonna have solid motor mounts. Looks awesome, though!

Yea, the motor and tranny are solid mounted so i don't have to worry about the turbos moving around because of the engine movement. But there's still the issue of expansion from heat so a heim joint position correctly will support the weight of the turbo and allow for lots of movement from expansion.

My heim joints will connect from a flange on the turbine housing to the aluminum square tube in place of the radiator support directly above the turbo. My rods will actually be alot longer than the ones pictured below.

This is a heim joint:

13-99300.jpg

2Dscn0653-med.jpg

Where is the pipe coming from that will go into the TB???? I assuming that is the intercooler in the pic??? looks pretty tight!!

I have no finished fabricating the endtanks on the ic. It will be fed by the top endtank sitting right in front of it.

thats going to be a tight fit on the radiator dont you think

Radiator will be trunk mounted. I will be cutting out the spare tire well and placing the radiator flush with the trunk floor with fans on teh under side pulling fresh air from the inside of the car, through the radiator, out.