HybridZ

Insane VQ great fabrication

roninjiro

Sweet baby jesus thats a beast.

Looked like you were making some good progress! How much more time do you figure before you can fire it up the first time?

Evan

BTW. I have been following along on honda-tech for awhile, pretty wicked! Glad to see your over here, definitely less haters and know it alls.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet baby jesus thats a beast.

Looked like you were making some good progress! How much more time do you figure before you can fire it up the first time?

Evan

BTW. I have been following along on honda-tech for awhile, pretty wicked! Glad to see your over here, definitely less haters and know it alls.

Honestly, it won't be started up for a loooooooong time. I have plenty of time but i don't have the funds to finish it right now. I'm trying to take care of some debt before plunging back into it.

Honestly, it won't be started up for a loooooooong time. I have plenty of time but i don't have the funds to finish it right now. I'm trying to take care of some debt before plunging back into it.

Ill give you even more props for taking care of your debt before finishing your car. Many folks go about things backwards and end up buried in debt.

Best of luck buddy.

Evan

did you by any chance have john at mitchells welding do some welding for you? i remember seeing a manifold like yours for a vq in his shop almost a year ago.

Yea, had given him my intake manifold to weld the runners to the flange because they were just too close together for my big torch to get to. You're a local?

Ill give you even more props for taking care of your debt before finishing your car. Many folks go about things backwards and end up buried in debt.

Best of luck buddy.

Evan

Thanks man. Seeing as though there is interest in here, i'll keep the thread updated as i get work done.

I was there 1988 to 1989.

I was a porsche tech at european car center for a few months but didn't like the fact that hans peter hetzelman required you to torque and paint every single bolt on the cars and you were not allowed any air tools or pliers of any type.

This made taking off porsche 928 rear axle nuts run because they required more torque than any 1/2 inch breaker bar could handle so we always wrapped them with a rag and tape to keep the flying broken breaker bar parts from hurting anybody or any car's finish.

I ended up buying a 3/4 inch breaker bar that I haven't used since.

ahh ok so you worked at the old german guys shop , that was on 129th ct. and the one i am talking about (which is owned by a little colombian dude that used to work with hans too) is on 129th st.

i have heard alot of stories about that german guy and the guy i worked for learned almost everything he knows from him , also how to be an ass . i too got a little bottle of red paint and wasnt supposed to use impact guns but still did..

and where that shop was at is now an evo/sti dyno shop btw..

• 1 month later...