HybridZ

Mopar???

Guest doodles

Guest doodles

I'v been looking on this website for a while trying to figure out what engine to get for my 240z. This is my first post, so bear with me. I want to put a MOPAR engine into my z, but have found no posts talking about them whatsoever. Is this even possible, or do people don't do it because MOPAR's are pretty pricey?

OK. I'm running a 318 in a late 260. Look up how simple it is to hot rod the 318 and then consider that no mount adapters are needed for the engine, just a simple mount for the trans. The distributer is in the back like a Chev so kind of messes with the hood latch, and you don't want too high of an intake manifold.

Yes, I said a straight bolt in.

Don't tell anyone.

Keep in mind that this a junk yard hot rod.

Something that can be done very low budget.

The installation was about $500 including the trans and engine with high dollar valve covers, manifold, and carburetor. :)

Stock 318 produces about 170 hp, maybe 200 with fancy valve covers.

You’ll notice that the mount is a bit back of center. That’s as a result of pushing everything back as far as possible to avoid any drive shaft mod.:)

I didn’t build this car but it’s sure fun to drive.

9220scd.jpg?ph4GAKGB6UY3FvdZf19escd.jpg?ph4GAKGBMxu0sIOI86c0scd.jpg?ph4GAKGBljtC32m7d0a0scd.jpg?ph4GAKGBkPVVM42meec4scd.jpg?ph4GAKGBbLCdcER5

• Administrators

Actually, my father did the conversion. I just ended up with the car because Mom told him he couldn’t keep it any more, whip.gif

It is an RB 440 with a TF-727 trans with manual shift body. Last year, I sold the car to a gentleman in Louisiana. I think he visits the forum on occasion..

Burn2Medium.jpg

440inz3Small.jpg

Keep in mind that this a junk yard hot rod.

Something that can be done very low budget.

The installation was about $500 including the trans and engine with high dollar valve covers, manifold, and carburetor. :)

Stock 318 produces about 170 hp, maybe 200 with fancy valve covers.

You’ll notice that the mount is a bit back of center. That’s as a result of pushing everything back as far as possible to avoid any drive shaft mod.:)

I didn’t build this car but it’s sure fun to drive./quote]

My kinda ride!!! I love the lawn edging fanshroud !!! I have a welder and a torch "I don't need no "schtinkin kitz" !!!"

and BRAAP>>> Torque is the budget bulders bestest friend!!!!

Cubes are so easy to make torque and power with. I don't care what kind of drivetrain it is - if it fits well, is cheap, and doesn't put too much weight on the front end, I love it. The 440 swap is too cool!

BRAAP, last November during an discussion with my x2b about me wanting to buy a used 3 series 4dr BMW for $17K (she said it was a sports car and not practical), it got a bit heated and my x2b told me pack my bags. I did.

• 3 weeks later...
I'v been looking on this website for a while trying to figure out what engine to get for my 240z. This is my first post, so bear with me. I want to put a MOPAR engine into my z, but have found no posts talking about them whatsoever. Is this even possible, or do people don't do it because MOPAR's are pretty pricey?

Mopars are not near as expensive as they once were. with the muscle car explosion the parts prices have come down a lot

• 9 months later...