HybridZ

worst welding ever!!!

After pulling a customers 4 runner on the lift for exhaust work i discovered why his exhasut has broken in as few places.He had some welding done somewhere out west while traveling cross country.The pics below show only one of the parts that i saw but wow.Also i think this was a body shop to boot.Just imagine how many cars could be driving around with this type of welding done to the frame rails:shock: .Im not entirely sure how some people sleep at night charging money for their work.1 of the pics is what a custom made exhaust flange should look like that i made earlier,the others are examples of what nothing in existance should look like ever,and yes after taking the pic i burned the part on a cross immediately in my backyard.:icon31:

If the person who did this is reading right now,please shoot yourself in the face at once.

S3600036.jpg

S3600035.jpg

S3600034.jpg

S3600037.jpg

u thikn they would have grinded the sucker down a bit to save face down the road. sheesh! LOL

my first pass with my 225 amp blew a hole through a piece of bar stock, and i was proud of it cause that's what i was trying to accomplish at max output... but this.... this is just....a crime

Playing the advocate here (no, I didn't weld it), It's easy to weld something that is sitting on a bench where it can be reached. I wonder if this was done, on the car, upside-down, barely visible, and with no movement of the stick, AND it was rusted with oil. I was stuck in that emergency situation one time needing to do a repair like this to stay on the road, and when I think about the gruesome weld I had...

Playing the advocate here (no, I didn't weld it), It's easy to weld something that is sitting on a bench where it can be reached. I wonder if this was done, on the car, upside-down, barely visible, and with no movement of the stick, AND it was rusted with oil. I was stuck in that emergency situation one time needing to do a repair like this to stay on the road, and when I think about the gruesome weld I had...

Sorry,but that excuse wont work here lol.The part was actually the easiest part of the exhaust to get at.Im thinking maybe the guy was just learning and the others in the shop played a joke on him and told him bearing grease makes a good welding flux??