HybridZ
iceman2k6

why not a honda

I personally think a great candidate for swapping in a 4 cylinder is the 2.4L turbo in the Dodge SRT4. They make more torque than a 2.4L should seemingly be capable of..and at lowish revs too. The aftermarket is HUGE and cheap. This same block is being used in RWD applications already so it would likely work in a Z. The engine looks to be fairly short on the height scale, which is good. You can safely make close to 500Whp on stock internals...hello?

This engine with some boltons in a light Z chassis would fly!

I personally think a great candidate for swapping in a 4 cylinder is the 2.4L turbo in the Dodge SRT4. They make more torque than a 2.4L should seemingly be capable of..and at lowish revs too. The aftermarket is HUGE and cheap. This same block is being used in RWD applications already so it would likely work in a Z. The engine looks to be fairly short on the height scale, which is good. You can safely make close to 500Whp on stock internals...hello?

This engine with some boltons in a light Z chassis would fly!

Very true I have an SRT-4 and it's a blast to drive. I've heard of people wanting to use the Jeep tranny and drivetrain for a rwd conversion. Never actually heard of anyone doing it though.

Yes there are some srt-4's with stock bottom ends that are over 500WHP. It's pretty easy to make power and torque with this motor. I'll be happy with 300whp maybe 400. I'll be doing a "bastard" turbo set up that should allow for 300 easily with fuel and supporting mods.