HybridZ

New Widebody 280zx sketch

What's happening on the doors there, are those just like bumper strips? Oh wait, I see it, that's like a stepped widening panel, right? I'm thinking that the front is a bit too open for my taste, but if you like it, I say go for it.

What's happening on the doors there, are those just like bumper strips? Oh wait, I see it, that's like a stepped widening panel, right? I'm thinking that the front is a bit too open for my taste, but if you like it, I say go for it.

To answer your question on the doors... those "steps" or "strips" actually exist on the door. Problem is that the donor picture I was using mislead me and I thought I saw two door "steps". In reality their is only one, and that is the lower one- My Bad!

I am going to post another picture with that large opening broken up. You might like that rendition better.

looks good, u should buy urself some markers so u can put some colour on the drawings. or alternatively dont shade them at all and upload them and have a colourin competition :D although ur prob best off to trace the image in illustrator anyway i guess...

I do like it better, but the strake or whatever its called in the brake duct I think would look better if it was the same angle as the piece running through the main hole. Something to think about is that on a real car, you've either got mesh in that hole, an intercooler in that hole, or all the ugly stuff that makes up the radiator core support in that hole, so if it's too open, you'll see everything in there. Also, you really don't need that kind of area to maintain your cooling. I'm waiting on the Aero thread results myself, but I know that after I did my fascia (only has like a 4" X 14" or so opening in it) I've never run hotter than my thermostat opening temp.

Are your headlight covers going to be the normal ones, or will they be custom? If they are the normal ones, the character line meets up with that lower line that runs down the side. Not trying to nitpick your drawing, by the way. If I saw this car in real life, those are the kinds of things that would go through my head, so just trying to help.

I do like it better, but the strake or whatever its called in the brake duct I think would look better if it was the same angle as the piece running through the main hole. Something to think about is that on a real car, you've either got mesh in that hole, an intercooler in that hole, or all the ugly stuff that makes up the radiator core support in that hole, so if it's too open, you'll see everything in there. Also, you really don't need that kind of area to maintain your cooling. I'm waiting on the Aero thread results myself, but I know that after I did my fascia (only has like a 4" X 14" or so opening in it) I've never run hotter than my thermostat opening temp.

Are your headlight covers going to be the normal ones, or will they be custom? If they are the normal ones, the character line meets up with that lower line that runs down the side. Not trying to nitpick your drawing, by the way. If I saw this car in real life, those are the kinds of things that would go through my head, so just trying to help.

The headlight covers would be custom. On the topic of the big center opening. The plan is for there to be mesh and then a large air-air intercooler. The neccessity of such a large opening comes from the lack of air flow through the front when drifting sideways. Since I want this design to be all around functional (autox, time attack ,and drift) I decided to keep the opening large. Also the inside part of the "holes" would actually be smaller. There would be a slight taper in to create a large nozzle.

sorry sean for not finishing the coloring on your other widebody sketches but my computer had crashed and I lost the file... so i decided to do this one real quick.... hope you like it.. I'll do the front view as well

widebodycolorrear.jpg

I gave it a shot, hope you guys don't mind. I used some all white, and some all black, then used the blur tool in photoshop to mix it a little bit. Also I used the blur tool to take out the upper character line on the door and smooth out the shading lines.

newwidebodycolorrearcopycopy.jpg

The muffler and emblem look awesome. The rims still need a little help. Might I recommend a slight light blue hue on the bottom of the lip as a reflection of the sky (this has to be on top of just white though). Also if you the clean up the "waviness" or "blotchiness" of your blurring so that is uniform across the lip it will really start to look convincing. Same thing goes for the B-pillar trim. Keep it up, I like how you are enhancing my drawing, it looks sweet!