HybridZ

*****custom Z Diecast Contest*****

*****CUSTOM Z DIECAST CONTEST*****

RULES

-You can only enter one 1/24 Jada Toys Datsun 240Z

-You can only use Jada Toys model parts or scratch built parts (tires, engines, hood scoops, roll cages, wings etc. )

-Contest is open to all HybridZ members.

-Creating a diorama is up to you.

-Any kind of body mods encouraged. There is no limit! Use as much bondo etc as you want! Use your imagination...Build a roadster, build a dragster, build a panzer if you want...

-All kinds of graphics, paint schemes are encouraged.

1st place will get 4 1/24 Jada Toys 240Z models + a one off metallic yellow sample 1/24 240Z that was never released!!!

2nd place will get 3 1/24 Jada Toys 240Z models

3rd place will get 2 1/24 Jada Toys 240Z models

4th place will get 1 1/24 Jada Toys 240Z model

You must submit pictures of your customs by May 31 2007.Please note: PICTURE QUALITY IS MOST IMPORTANT!!!Make sure you use an appropriate background! Make sure your pictures are not fuzzy, blurry etc...

The TOP 5 customs will be chosen by DavyZ, Mikelly and myself by June 7 2007

Winner will be chosen by HybridZ members after a poll that will stay on for one week!

Good luck! And may the best customizer win!!!

ERIC

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eBay or http://www.collectablediecast.com

This will be a lot of fun!

So Max is in... I`m assuming Sparks is in, Jknc90 Jon is in...Who else wants to show his skills!!!! Justin and Kyle...How about you guys?

Here`s the headlight cover version of JADA TOYS 1/24 240Z!..This is an early sample (and it belongs to 280Zforce Justin now) so the headlight covers are not tinted.Production model has slightly tinted headlight covers.

zcars6.jpg

240ZSAMPLE.jpg

ERIC

Guest 280ZForce

I'm not sure how this is set up...but I think to keep it fair, the contestants do NOT post their creations here on this thread. I think they should PM them to you and you can confirm their receival. Then you can post the poll after the dealine and not use the usernames or anything related to the creator, only post the pictures so there is no biased opinions.

Then after all is said and done, you can post the creator of each.

I agree with 280zforce, Not giving out names until after the judging is over with will give us lesser known members a chance. If I can find one of your diecasts locally I will give it a shot.

And just to be sure I am clear on this, I could swap the engine, wheels, and tires as long as they came from a Jada car, correct?

Guest 280ZForce
I agree with 280zforce, Not giving out names until after the judging is over with will give us lesser known members a chance. If I can find one of your diecasts locally I will give it a shot.

And just to be sure I am clear on this, I could swap the engine, wheels, and tires as long as they came from a Jada car, correct?

Dave - you can do anything you want to it. Doesnt have to be Jada, it can scratch made body parts, cage, wheels, engine, etc. but if you use existing parts, they have to be from a Jada toy.

Dave - you can do anything you want to it. Doesnt have to be Jada, it can scratch made body parts, cage, wheels, engine, etc. but if you use existing parts, they have to be from a Jada toy.

Exactly!

Let me give you an example:

You can take the engine from a JADA skyline,corvette,trans am, mustang etc, roll cage from a JADA Mustang GTR and wheels from any JADA car you want...

Or you can scratch build your own roll cage,a hood scoop, add wiring to the engine, make the headlights work or if you are really good, you can build your engine from scratch. But I don`t think that will be necessary.Just use your imagination. Here`s your chance to do unimaginable things to a car:p :P :P

For more info on our products:

http://www.jadatoys.com

if you want to buy them for the most reasonable price go to:

http://www.collectablediecast.com

JADA products are available at all major retail stores.

Justin, that was a good idea!

Whoever wants to do this, please PM me, Mikelly or DavyZ...

No pictures of customs will be posted until the contest is over.

You can e-mail them to me:

sangabriel01us@yahoo.com

Is it possible to make this a sticky, at least temporarily?

JADA products are available at all major retail stores.

Thats not entirely accurate. I just drove to the local major retail store (meijer) and they do not carry Jada products. Guess I'll have to find the next closest major retailer.

btw, I got it now. Jada or scratch, I'll see what I can come up with.

How much is the diarama going to weigh either for or against the finished product? what if you aren't particularly good at building scenery, but photoshop your model into a background? That sort of brings it out of the realm of model building, and more into a straight art contest...Are there certain views of the car that must be shown?

i gotta say some of those scions are freaking awesome, alot of work and detail, i think they will even start a new trend, like graphic design pain jobs, i really like the blood red and white one, i wonder what that would look like on a Z. thanks for the link!

How much is the diarama going to weigh either for or against the finished product? what if you aren't particularly good at building scenery, but photoshop your model into a background? That sort of brings it out of the realm of model building, and more into a straight art contest...Are there certain views of the car that must be shown?

Max, you can take as many pictures as you want. that`s entirely up to you.

A 3 quarter view might be the best though..Also you should take pictures of details you think are significant.Such as interior, engine, maybe a fuel cell in the trunk...etc...

You should build a diorama or choose a scenery if you believe it is necessary.

If you are building a camo Z, a scenery in the background will look cool but also might take away from your work. If you turn the Z into an armored vehicle(perhaps a tank with a turret :P), battlefield scenery might look nice.

If you are building a pro street car, maybe a dragstrip with christmas tree might look great...So, it`s all up to you. Use your imagination.

But I don`t recommend photoshop and such to create a cgi background. It might be more fun to actually build it.!...

To make it more fun, you should give names to your custom Z`s!

Yes we`ll give away cool prizes but the main idea is having fun...

Here`s a list of places where you can find our products...

http://www.jadatoys.com/info.php?sub=dist

ERIC