HybridZ

Nistune

award280

JeffP is running Nisstune as well. Bernard has had his hand in Jeff's box as well...

Er....waitaminit, that didn't come out right...

Let's bag on Jeff for his Chickenwing Technique....(inside joke)

JeffP is running Nisstune as well. Bernard has had his hand in Jeff's box as well...

Er....waitaminit, that didn't come out right...

Let's bag on Jeff for his Chickenwing Technique....(inside joke)

You are correct, I use nistune.

I didn't actually touch Jeff's box. Until someone proves otherwise that is my story.

I don't know what to say about Jeff's chickenwinging except that it takes my appetite away.:P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest znow white

im reading on it and been following it for a while im definatly set on it

i was already going to update to z31 ecu and just read all there faqs and all that im 100 % going with nistune now the software been finally released! the z31 update is already a night and day difference between the eccs unit in the 280zx turbo so many bugs so now i can update and upgrade! real time tuning and all that why not!? Bernard is very informed with nistune and been using it for awhile I also think he has a tuner license with them

• 2 months later...

Alright maybe someone can give me some advice here. I've really been considering switching over to nistune very soon. I did the Z31 ECU/MAF swap almost half a year ago, the car does run a good bit better, get better gas mileage etc.

Anyway I've been debating the JWT tune or going the Nistune route. Nistune seems better since you can tune the ECU yourself whereas the JWT ECU is just pre-programmed. Mainly what I'm wondering would it benefit to have the later 88-89 ECU with Nistune installed or would it really be no different than running my 84 ECU with Nistune installed?

• 1 month later...

I am running Nistune in my Z. I have it in the M30 ecu and use it in the 1984 50th AE 300ZX. I really like it in the M30 ecu as it is programed via the consult port. It works...

I used one of the very first versions on the Z31 ecu and I was not impressed with it as it is USB interfaced and I was getting drops all the time. It worked good if the car was not running but if it was moving at any rpm then disconnects. I have talked to Matt and he told me that the newer versions of the type 1 boards do not do that now.

As far as ease of use, it is quite user friendly and I think that Matt and his crew have done an exceptional job.

So for what you get, I think it a very good value too. Try to get a stand-alone for that cost.

http://www.nistune.com/

• 2 months later...

Alright, well I went ahead and ordered Nistune type 1 board. I'm looking forward to getting it. Now since I'm still new to this stuff here's what I was wondering, I know I'm going to want a wideband to go with it, but my problem is I'm not sure what to go with. I've heard the LM-1/LC-1s are good setups, but basically I'm wondering what's the basic I'd need to monitor my A/F ratios and know what gear/RPM I'm at? Anyone have any good suggestions? Is there a cheap setup that would work good for this? Or would I be better off spending a bit more and just going with a better wideband setup?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys i was thinking about turboing my 82 280zx, from the NA l28 base. but alot of guys are saying that i should upgrade the ecu first. would installing Nistune or any system frist be a good step?

do i have to go with nistune? and if i did would i need z31 conponents?

thanks alot!

• 3 months later...

How about an update on the Nistune system, installation, programming, user friendly??? Seriously thinking about doing the upgrade or going MS...need to be able trim my timing over 15psi to reduce knock.

• 1 month later...

I am running NisTune as well. I have a Type 1 board. It is running in my 240z turbo. I have a the 280zxt FI and ignition harness with the z31 MAF and ECCS mods. I dont run the Z31 MAF anymore, upgraded to the Z32 MAF.

I love NISTune, someday I will get a newer board, but for now it works fine. Anyone have any maps for a Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors?

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much you give the nistune guy your ecu model number. He flashes the nistune with factory firmware modded to be "nistuneable". Then he ships it to you. I think you can also ship them your ECU so they can solder it in. But I soldered my friend's in and it was easy. I have also removed some proms from nissan ECU's and its pretty simple. Just clean the coating off 1st with non-cloronated bake cleaner. Just clean around what you have to solder and make sure the chip is not glued down by the coating. Solder a new socket in and put the nistune in the socket. Easy as pie. I think I was done in 30min.

The software works well with the LC-1 innovate wideband controller. Jon is already making 30hp more with a few bolt ons and a bigger MAF.

Great stuff. The forum is also very helpfull.

We were using a board for the S13 DOHC it uses the consult cable. I don't think he has any droped consult sessions.

-Avery