HybridZ

Fusible Link Upgrade Idea?

I was thinking of upgrading the fusible links to Maxi-Fuses. I have seen the upgrades that replace the two sets of links with a single fuse box and some rewiring. However, this might be a simpler, solution.

Take four of these: (inline maxi-fuse holders)

http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Gauge-MAXI-Fuse-Holder-W-Weather-Cap-50-AMP-Fuse_W0QQitemZ180114022464QQihZ008QQcategoryZ50551QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Add female spade conectors to them and plug them in where the fusible links go, insert appropriate Maxi Fuse and reinstall original white plastic covers.

I am not sure if there is enough clearance, but I might try it. It seems quick, cheap and easy to do.

-Dave

Well, I assume the link box and wiring is in decent shape before you do this. Of course if the box is crap and the connections are green, you have deeper problems. :wink:

I should have put in a disclaimer....nah. Survival of the fattest.

• 3 months later...

I did exactly what you are suggesting. I soldered the connectionsin just for piece of mind sake. no spade connectors.

I did mine shortly after I went msII.

1 day I was giving it hell and the link broke and made a few bad arcs and fried a power lead on the msII board.

took a while to figure it out. my old fuse links looked good. but they were not making a good connection all the time.

sure was alot harder to fix the ms than to replace the fuse links.

I have had no problems since.

It is a tight squeeze but they will fit under the stock cover.

Do It. before it does you. peace