HybridZ

1 QUICK Z to Run in the " KING of THE STRIP''

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has been moved to Indianapolis, IN for taping June 15-June 19 and the first show will be aired the first Sunday in July. Being so close to Bristol would have been nice, but will definately need some help to be able to travel for the taping. If I get any more info, I'll pass it on.

1 quickz where would i mount a parachute on a 72z? i went last night and they told me i need one. any pics and experience with this?

Roller, Here is a pic of the " Big Tire Z Car " with the bracket mounted behind the tag. Give me a call if you have any questions 1-423-735-7223 Phillips Peformance Shop or 1-423-388-0016 Cell :-)

DSCN1549.jpg

DSCN1548.jpg

DSCN1547.jpg

DSCN1550-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out today that all 14 entrys for the " KING of the STRIP " must be there tuesday morning June 12th at 9:00 A.M. and run 2 test passes for all the competition to see what each car and driver runs to use for our first negotiation spot on the tree against each competitor. And then they will draw names as to which episode you will run in. Wish us lots of luck, because we will need it to try and win it all. :icon14:If anyone wants to come up and be part of our crew and help us out ( as I will not have many people that can come up there with me ) Give me a call 1-423-735-7223 Phillips Peformance Shop or 1-423-388-0016 Cell :-D

Thanks,

Jon Phillips

1 QUICK Z

NHRA Just announced the show and mentions the Datsun, TWICE... and lists ALL of the other competitors.

CLICK TO READ

Edit: I just got off of the phone with Jon's crew...they just ran 2 qualifying passes and have been picked to run in round 2. Wish 'em luck guys, they're ALOT at stake in this competition.

NHRA Just announced the show and mentions the Datsun, TWICE... and lists ALL of the other competitors.

CLICK TO READ

Edit: I just got off of the phone with Jon's crew...they just ran 2 qualifying passes and have been picked to run in round 2. Wish 'em luck guys, they're ALOT at stake in this competition.

Warren, THANKS for the information. I wil give Jon a call tomorrow, I am headed to Nashville on Sunday, I am planning on stopping by and visit with Jon on Monday if it all works out.Thanks again for the link.Jerry

Hey, all. I'm sitting here at home (one of us has to work!ha) going insane wanting to know what is happening. I spoke with Jon about an hour ago. His first negotiations were to start about 6:30 EST. I'll try to keep everyone posted with as much info as I can give.

Regina Phillips

I was there for all 4 races. It was pretty crazy. Jon represented the Z cars with class, and fought really hard on each run. In the end he ended up breaking the half shaft. It was definitely a great experience and it was awesome hanging out with Jon and the other guys who were there. First race was a crazy lady with a "stock" (408 stroker, worked heads, cam, stall) LS1 T/A, the second race was a CRX Honda that ran hardcore, third race was a 6.0 stock GTO. Last race was the husband of previously mentioned crazy lady, had a mid 70s Nova that was backhalved and a bracket car. We had to fight so hard for everything. I think he would have made it farther if the u joint wouldnt have broken. Like I said, it was a great time and I enjoyed the company of all who were there.

I was there for all 4 races. It was pretty crazy. Jon represented the Z cars with class, and fought really hard on each run. In the end he ended up breaking the half shaft. It was definitely a great experience and it was awesome hanging out with Jon and the other guys who were there. First race was a crazy lady with a "stock" (408 stroker, worked heads, cam, stall) LS1 T/A, the second race was a CRX Honda that ran hardcore, third race was a 6.0 stock GTO. Last race was the husband of previously mentioned crazy lady, had a mid 70s Nova that was backhalved and a bracket car. We had to fight so hard for everything. I think he would have made it farther if the u joint wouldnt have broken. Like I said, it was a great time and I enjoyed the company of all who were there.

I'm not sure if we've met or not, but thanks for your support. I had to work this week and couldn't make the trip....although I'm thinking of slipping off early today and driving up for the final taping. Each of these races mentioned above went five rounds! Jon made eighteen passes in two days and these u-joints were the same ones from Pinks. But, just proves a "cheap" part can cost you alot. The cars are supposedly in "impound" until the final taping. Looking forward to watching this beginning July 7.