HybridZ

1 QUICK Z to Run in the " KING of THE STRIP''

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, she doesn't belong there. Not because she's a woman, or even because she makes me want to choke her. But why go on a show where the purpose is to have a fast drag car, and take a stock car and then keep bitching about how slow her car is. I kept waiting for her pre-race negotiations to include "You have to remove one wheel, disconnect 2 plug wires, tow a boat, with no trailer, disconnect your nitrous and drive blindfolded. And I want 3 seconds."

If she had planed to go one the show doing that, she could have saved a bunch of money by just showing up with a 50cc scooter and handicapping everyone 10 seconds.

Guys, I do agree with you...although I didn't have any drugs for control, I just had to keep telling myself that I was representing sponsors and I wanted to be professional...the things she said to me were not at all easy to stand there and listen to. I did, finally, say to her that we all knew coming into this deal what it was about.....the advertisement for the show included in it's description these words "part game show, part reality show". I didn't lie to her or anyone else. I ran what I needed to to beat her and she didn't handle it very well. After her calling me a "lying sack of sh**", my wife pointed out something that I hadn't noticed about her car.....she said the car was borrowed from a friend ("a retired automotive worker.....but he's not here").....the tag said "SULTRY" and Gina did some checking into it.....the tag is registered to none other than Kathleen Fisher. Doesn't sound like a "he" to me! Anyway....Gina probably wouldn't have been as "controlled" as I was... but it would have made for "good tv" though.

Looking forward to this weekend. Gina will be driving the "little tire" car (the one I drove and won with on Pinks and the one I drove on King of the Strip). Don't know what kind of ET she'll post (she hasn't been in the car since 1992), but shooting for low 11's or possibly low 10's. She's going to have a "chic team" so it should be pretty interesting. I'll be driving the "big tire" car and I plan on running "All Out". I hope to make a good showing for my sponsors (several will be there) as well as Phillips Performance. Anyone coming up....you're welcome to come by and hang with us.

yet another successful exercise in self-control. kudo's to you and the team jon, don't think i would have been that much of a gentleman:fmad: but certainly would have tried. u r right, the uniforms look great!

it was pretty cool to say to my son [11] and daughter [9], come here and see this guy racing a z that is from hybrid! they enjoyed it as well and commented on how 'whiny' SHE was...

can't wait to see the show this sunday!!

Jon, I think you did a great job and deserved the win. It's awesome to see your Z out there tearing it up.

Unfortunately, I don't think this show will last. It was painful to watch those hosts "mediate" negotiations, they seem like zombies. On top of that, the editing and production are pretty poor and the show just seemed to drag on. If you weren't on, I would have turned it off in 2 seconds, even though this is exactly the type of show I'd normally want to watch.

I never thought I'd be saying good things about Pinks, but I guess having a hyperactive idiot who knows nothing about cars hosting actually helps. Maybe his real purpose is comic relief?

Anyway, I hope you won, and I hope they improve the show quickly.

Just caught the 2 most recent episodes on my DVR. Jon, I have to ask, whats your car worth? Ballpark, I'm not trying to be nosey. It looks like you have a bunch of money tied up in it. So how did they recruit people for this show? It doesn't seem fair. It seems like I could show up with any old junker, an old 3 cylinder Geo Metro. As long as I'm shrewd negotiating, I could possibly win. How is it fair that you put you (I assume expensive) car against stock cars from the showroom or even less valuable hunks. I've seen you race a Firebird (or Trans Am, whatever), a 06 GTO and a junky old Honda CRX. I won't give away the results in case someone hasn't seen it yet, but any one of those cars were WAY slower than yours, but because of how the show works, any one of them could have beat you (and maybe did).

How is it worth your time and risk to come out and possibily lose your car when all you have to gain is a riced out old Civic?

Guest dragmama

Yes Jon.........the tag belongs to me...whoopee...so what...but not the TransAm. It has for 13 years! Should your wife be the true investigator she would have found that the tag last belonged to a 1999 Chevy Camaro Z28....and not a 2002 Pontiac TransAm WS6 that I drove for the first time on the show.

This is the same Camaro that was also on the show that I sold to Andy Prine a while back. I only put the tag on the WS6 for old time’s sake like when I used to race the Camaro at our local track. The car I drove on the show belongs to Orvall McClelland. Sheesh........and yes...that’s a HE.

Also, just to set the facts straight, we were asked to be on the show and were told that all we needed was a door car that would run faster than 14:00 in a ¼ with NO decals. If we were to have known we could have had decals all over the car....we would not have brought the STOCK WS6. We had many other options, but didn’t want to have to remove all of the contingency decals only to have to put them back on right away for the next race.

So if you’re going to tell a story......please at least get it right!! Thanks! JJJ

...and PS....thought you said your car couldn’t run 9’s? Doesn’t that make you a .......................? J lol

In my world of drag racing....we don't have to cheat to WIN!!:rolleyesg:rolleyesg

If sticking up for yourself when you know someone is sandbagging is being a Beeeeotch.........fine so be it. I came on the show to RACE...which you can do....if the other person doesn't feel the need to cheat...or hold. So I said your car could run in the 9's...and your shook your head no. Then you pick up a half a second on the last round? That's why I called you a lying sack of "sh*t"...and only that reason. I knew you could go faster...and so did you. :ass:

When you are ready for a real drag race....come to an NHRA or IHRA event...and look me up. I think it would be great! :)

Kathy Fisher

Performance by Fisher Racing

www.performancebyfisher.com

Yes Jon.........the tag belongs to me...whoopee...so what...but not the TransAm. It has for 13 years! Should your wife be the true investigator she would have found that the tag last belonged to a 1999 Chevy Camaro Z28....and not a 2002 Pontiac TransAm WS6 that I drove for the first time on the show.

This is the same Camaro that was also on the show that I sold to Andy Prine a while back. I only put the tag on the WS6 for old time’s sake like when I used to race the Camaro at our local track. The car I drove on the show belongs to Orvall McClelland. Sheesh........and yes...that’s a HE.

Also, just to set the facts straight, we were asked to be on the show and were told that all we needed was a door car that would run faster than 14:00 in a ¼ with NO decals. If we were to have known we could have had decals all over the car....we would not have brought the STOCK WS6. We had many other options, but didn’t want to have to remove all of the contingency decals only to have to put them back on right away for the next race.

So if you’re going to tell a story......please at least get it right!! Thanks! JJJ

...and PS....thought you said your car couldn’t run 9’s? Doesn’t that make you a .......................? J lol

In my world of drag racing....we don't have to cheat to WIN!!:rolleyesg:rolleyesg

If sticking up for yourself when you know someone is sandbagging is being a Beeeeotch.........fine so be it. I came on the show to RACE...which you can do....if the other person doesn't feel the need to cheat...or hold. So I said your car could run in the 9's...and your shook your head no. Then you pick up a half a second on the last round? That's why I called you a lying sack of "sh*t"...and only that reason. I knew you could go faster...and so did you. :ass:

When you are ready for a real drag race....come to an NHRA or IHRA event...and look me up. I think it would be great! :)

Kathy Fisher

Lets move on people..a L is an L and a W is a W.....to each his/her own strategy....don't l;ook back just straight forward.....good luck to all..

I watched it on TV today, and although I realize something is lost in translation between reality and what ends up on TV, it seems to me that 1 Quick Z has exemplified an overall dishonest character on both Pinks and King of the Strip. I would honestly love to pull for a Z car anytime possible, but its real hard when the owner wont race honestly.

Just my opinion. I foresee this thread getting nasty, I hope we can keep it civil, guys.

Jon, maybe you can clear something up about the rules. Do you get anything for winning those 3 races if you eventually lose? It seems like the first winner gets screwed over pretty hard if the person who just randomly happens to be chosen last can win one competition and take everything home.

And what kind of penalty were you talking about with losing lights on the tree?

Kathy, no offense, but you seem really naive (and childish.) This show (as well as PINKS) combines gambling with drag racing. Bluffing and negotiating are just as important as car maintenance. I guess you've never played poker? Better luck next time.

Kathy Fisher

Welcome to the Hybrid Z community. What year model Z do you have?

Just kidding, everyone please calm down. Reality TV is designed to stirr up controversy. Let's not be puppets. Street racing is all about strategies, don't hate the players, hate the game!

Peace, love and horsepower.

I've decided to lock this one, as no good will come of this whole discussion...

Jon and Kathy, You've both had your "side" of the story. Kathy, I don't see you contributing to our site much, just trying to defend your story... If you want to stay and be a contributing member of technical info, then great... However, If you're just gonna stay to hound Jon, a respected member of the site, your stay won't be long... I suggest you read the rules here and make an honest assessment of the site before you cnotinue on...

Mikelly

Administrator at Large...