HybridZ

Mopar swap

Guest FTT843

Guest FTT843

Im building up a 400-450 hp 318 to go into a 240z. Now before you ask why a 318? Ill tell you. 318's are a dime a dozen, and can easily build one that pumps out 400 hp and pulls hard as hell all the way to 6,400 rpm. I know the engine is a straight drop in. But what is required to run the mopar 4spd or some 5spd from another car. Im open for recomendations. But I would like to keep fabrication to a minimum. I heard to use the mopar 4spd you just need to weld a bracket for the tranny. Is this correct?

BTW what kinda 1/4's are people gerring from a car putting down 380rwhp?

Thanks, Frank

I apologize Im not saying it would not work,but you would have to fab your own Linkage for the clutch or you could buy the Keisler hydraulic slave cylinder kit from http://www.Keislerauto.com. it eliminates the linkage issue...the next thing would be clearancing of the tunnel.so that the external linkage can work properly,it may or may not be an issue..what 4 spd do you plan on using? the OD or standard from an A-body(dart, Duster,Valiant, B-Body-( Charger,Roadrunner,GTX,Super Bee, Coronet etc.) or an E-body Cuda/Challenger B-E bodies have the same shifter Location the A body is farther forward... you could possibly adapt a bell housing/ hydraulic set up from truck Magnum series too,but then there is the trans issue.

• 10 months later...

you could get a hydaulic set up from 90s rams in the junk yard get the bell slave cylinder master cyl reservoir pedal rod and every thing for cheap and dont have to wory about the bulky linkage. has to come from a v 6 5 speed with the nv2500 trans cause it separates from the bell.

• 2 months later...
you could get a hydaulic set up from 90s rams in the junk yard get the bell slave cylinder master cyl reservoir pedal rod and every thing for cheap and dont have to wory about the bulky linkage. has to come from a v 6 5 speed with the nv2500 trans cause it separates from the bell.

The gear ratios would be wrong,and the trans is not strong..

I wasn't saying to use the nv2500, jut get the bell housing and hydro clutch parts. He could put a jerico in it if he wants to. You could run a nv3500 if you want the bell doesnt come off though. It is am internal rail shifter so no out side linkage clearance problems and will bolt right up. I wouldn't worry about it breaking cause your car will be light. They use them in super stock Dakotas and leave pretty hard and they live.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Founds something I figured all the Mopar guys would like. A company that makes bell housings for small block and big block Mopars. Main to I found interesting was Dodge to t 56 and t5. That now opens up manuals to mopars. Need to scroll down a ways to get to the Mopar stuff.

http://www.safepay.net/cgi-bin/shop/cart.cgi?db=mddata.txt&category=bellhousing&merchant=moderndriveline

• 3 weeks later...