HybridZ

Ka24det Vs Sr20det

CalifaThugz

Well if you didn't read the other message I posted. I miss interpreted what the guy had said. It wasn't 1,800$ I said 2,600$ But that was only for the 240sx's. It is myspace.com/pinksilvia. I go on the KA-T forums a lot for my KA-T S13. One guy there is making 856 whp. Yes I am 14, sorry I'm not as old as everybody else but what that doesn't matter.

Well if you didn't read the other message I posted. I miss interpreted what the guy had said. It wasn't 1,800$ I said 2,600$ But that was only for the 240sx's. It is myspace.com/pinksilvia. I go on the KA-T forums a lot for my KA-T S13. One guy there is making 856 whp. Yes I am 14, sorry I'm not as old as everybody else but what that doesn't matter.

And im quite sure it probally cost that guy more than the SR20DET to make that power.I bet the SR20 could make that much horsepower for less money than the KA. Becuase the SR has a more stout bottom end at a better head

The KA is not built for breathing as people already mentioned. The guy probally has substantial mods, and probally costs thousands of dollars

The KA is a good motor if built right, Its cheap easy to come by etc. but when it comes to raw power the SR will also beat it

Iit does matter that your 14 cause that means you havent been around as much as many of the guys on this forums which means that you can benefit from what they have to say. Dont take it the wrong way just remember be open to what EVERYONE has to say and you will learn alot more. Just take alittle bit of what everyone has to say and use those little bits of info for your own benefit. Good luck in your adventures.

Datsuns Ruuuuuuuuuuule!!!!!!!

How bout ponying up a dyno curve to back that up. I dont think you can make a KA or an SR make that kind of power.

- Greg -

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=109743&highlight=squat

in regards to the differences between rwd and fwd sr's. yes there are lots of little things that are different. but various bearings, seals, pumps are interchangable. there are interchangability threads on sr forums. there are even some things that are interchangable with other non sr motors. i cant remember what they are at the moment though.

Not to argue, but doesn't that bring me back to my point? If you're in need of sensors or other misc parts that could wear out over time there's a possibility that it could be hard to come by. People with RB motors run into the same problem. Parts get expensive when they're shipped.

I've seen that SR dyno before, and it STILL surprises me honestly. I know AMS is putting over 1000HP to 4 wheels in their evo, but that's an iron block, it's EXPECTED to be stronger. Goes to show that many blocks have way more potential than anyone gives credit, just need the right parts and the right tune.

Guest mota
How bout ponying up a dyno curve to back that up. I dont think you can make a KA or an SR make that kind of power.

- Greg -

they are both capable of that and more, im pretty sure he's talkin about the ams turbo240 ka-t s14.5, im prety sure they still have the vid of the 9.15 run on their site, also check out mazworks sr'd s14 , which last i saw dyno'd just shy 1000 rwhp and has ran a best of 9.16, it was like 997 i believe...go on youtube and type mazworx for a vid of them, or turbo240 for their run...both amazing cars...

OK, I'm going to close this thread. Its really not adding any tech to the site and has degraded to point that are people throwing around rumored dyno numbers as proof of some assertion.