HybridZ

who's the fastest street driven Z car...

240zprace

And that's my point. "street car" if means staying legal, is too subjective of a term.

I agree, read back through the spec's of my 240 and what we have on/in the car when we race and I'm sure you'd have to agree that it is a 'street' car in the true sense of the word. We even run on fully treaded wet weather suitable street tyres most of the time (best 60fts with them)

A full tube race car that has no interior etc but happens to have some lights and manages to get 'road legal' somehow is not really a true street car IMO

Rob

• 1 year later...

Yeah RipsNZ's 240 is freaky fast, especially considering the RB30 bottom end is stock!

As for N/A L-series, i found this guy in Japan that runs flat 11s in street trim!

*well mine is as fast as i can push it at the moment! lol

Well I know when Frank was driving Jeff's car he was making it through 3 gears to a 7000 rpm redline in a set distance of about 1/4 mile, and back to a slow enough speed to make the corner... 0-90-0 in less than 1/4 mile.

I wouldn't exactly make the offhanded remark of 'dyno queen numbers' with that kind of performance on tap. It's rather insulting, IMO.

I am assuming sarcasm there^, so yeah strokers are slooooow and dull, bahaha yeah ok, tell that to this guy! As it doesnt appear to be having any issues with rpm or response! In fact im pretty sure it pulls to 9000rpm! Check out Kameari for some of the awesome parts that will make an L do this! (like their special 85mm stroker crank, tensioner....etc)

meh...it impressed me! lol

I believe there is a guy with the screenname Whiteboy on some street racing boards down in Texas that has a nasty fast V8 z, but he's a hardcore $ racer, so his times are not public. ;)

I live in Texas, and I race my car, and I happen to be white, but I don't have a V-8..... So thats not me I guess?:wink:

True. Ive met "whiteboy" and seen his cars. He has had 2 Z's, and i believe sold them both. Im sure you are referring to his black one, with a whole lot of tire out back. Most of the videos are from about 2 years back, and im having some trouble pulling them up.

Yes, it is street driven.

Those are two HUGE nitrous bottles in the back window

Picture113.jpg

Picture378.jpg

I am assuming sarcasm there^, so yeah strokers are slooooow and dull, bahaha yeah ok, tell that to this guy!

You assume correctly, you've seen the posts, all the blah blah blah about the slow and low revving strokers... For guys that have built cars like that, you just gotta shake your head when you hear the internet parrots squawk.

I've actually bookmarked that link for use the next time someone makes that contention at 'another site' where the parrots fly freely and make droppings on a regular basis.

It's going to be good to post someone else's engine for a change...

Anyone who says they can't rev and be reliable just needs to listen to some of our vids, lol.

Rob

No, they need to STOP watching vids, and actually build an L Engine first! I swear to jeebus most of the guys with that palaver have never so much as cracked the bottom end on a stock setup much less dealt with a built stroker!

It's what I call 'parrot syndrome'---repeating endlessly mindless drivel which has no basis in the real world!:evil:

Makes me cra-z!:icon45:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a candidate for the fastest street drivenZ(Silver Bullit), He is a member of HybridZ. He has a 76 280z with a sbf. That went a 8.62 @158 on Radials two weeks ago. The car is titled and insured. Full interior,not a gutted race car.We are planning on taking it on the Hot Rod power tour next year, this will be his second Power tour. I will try and post some videos soon.Jerry

I have a candidate for the fastest street drivenZ(Silver Bullit), He is a member of HybridZ. He has a 76 280z with a sbf. That went a 8.62 @158 on Radials two weeks ago. The car is titled and insured. Full interior,not a gutted race car.We are planning on taking it on the Hot Rod power tour next year, this will be his second Power tour. I will try and post some videos soon.Jerry

I have seen this car in person.. and WOW!. that is awesome he is running deep into the 8s! Sounds like he has the car sorted out pretty well now and knows how to drive a car with that power level. Wished he could have made it to DNI again with that beast.

I have seen this car in person.. and WOW!. that is awesome he is running deep into the 8s! Sounds like he has the car sorted out pretty well now and knows how to drive a car with that power level. Wished he could have made it to DNI again with that beast.
He hopes to be at the next DNI along with us. I am going to the Dyno tomorrow with our car, and hope to run it this weekend. We need to post some new pictures of our car and the Silver Bullit. Boatwright (Silver Bullit) has been working with his car and has made alot of progress. He is currently recovering from a surgery he had yesterday. Thanks for your reply Gabe.

• 2 weeks later...

Its easy to talk about having a fast street car and there are some really fast street cars built by Hybrid Z members. My car has been some 8.60s 1/4 mile @ 159, It does have tags,insurance,and is driven on the street. Is it a real street car? Yes I could drive it from coast to coast probably without any mechanical problems and get decent mileage but does that make it a street car? Not really!!! Next time you get caught away from home and it starts pouring down rain and you remember you do not have a defroster,it's cold and you can't see to drive you may reconsider. I road in a friends supra a few months back and that was very impressive! The car had the original bottom end with a 88mm turbo,head upgrade,cams,etc... it made about 540 whp. We took a blistering ride with the ac on and a boston cd playing in the disc changer. This car was fast,quiet,and most of all very streetable. The guys who are smart enough to keep the power down to a streetable level so they can enjoy the car that took most of there time and money to build are the real street heros! So while some of us are talking about who has the fastest street cars others are having a blast just enjoying thier rides for more than just a 1/4 mile at a time.