HybridZ

New CV Joint, Diff conversion, brake swap in the Works!

I called Gabriel at Technotoy Tuning (530) 626-7334 - will be placing my order for the complete rear setup tomorrow.

He has not been monitoring this thread (claims to be busy) , but seems to be very good to deal with on the phone.

I'll report how this goes.

I called Gabriel at Technotoy Tuning (530) 626-7334 - will be placing my order for the complete rear setup tomorrow.

He has not been monitoring this thread (claims to be busy) , but seems to be very good to deal with on the phone.

I'll report how this goes.

Well thats good news to hear. I was one of the first to get excited about the news of this product coming out. I guess I should have called him instead of waiting on a response to the PM I sent him...

Please tell him of the interest here Rick, and update us on your results.

Guys, I have a question: if I use Z32 rear hubs, axles and so on, will the Z32 rear brakes be bolt on? If yes, then will I be able to mount any big brake kit designed for the Z32? Sorry for being lame, but my knowledge of technical English is very limited... :)

Question, how hard would it be to find all the parts from a Z32tt? In all my journeys to the local yard I have never even seen a Z32tt. Just curious on avalabilty.

speeder, if you don't mind me asking, how much for the setup?

Thanks

Sorry guys! Business has been BUSY lately with our regular lineup and it's really backburnered all our new and upcoming products.

There are a lot of questions here on this thread that I need to take the time to answer, and will try to get to that soon.

Other than the R230 rear end setup, we have everything else sorted and sure it will all bolt up perfectly (disc brakes and all). The R230 rear will work as well, but since some people want to notch the back end of the car, and others don't we'll be providing mustache bars custom machined to the customers specs. You tell us what you want on the mustache bar, we'll make it that way (we have the mustache bars all here done, except for the mounting holes for the diff).

All parts except the dogbone will be powdercoated gunmetal grey with a clearcoat of powdercoating over the top. If you would like to get parts done a different color, we can do that as well for an additional cost (if we can squeeze it in to another batch of our powdercoating, it wouldn't cost anything, we often do red powdercoating, but anything else would be some extra $$)

The axle prices below include us dissassembling your donor CV's and axles and installing them on our new axles.

You are welcome to purchase parts individually or completely.

Prices:

Backing Plates $550

Moustache bar $250

Lower control Drop mounts with dogbone $300

Dogbone on it’s own $70

Front Diff Mount $150

Axles $480

Struts prepped for coilovers $240

Coilovers for rear strut casings $199

Shocks for rear strut casings $240

Weld on rear camber plates $180

Please contact us directly at ggtyler@yahoo.com or drop us a call at 530-626-7334

We are here normal business hours Monday through Friday Pacific Standard Time.

• 2 weeks later...

Man this fixes so many issues all at once...

The guys at Technotoy make quality parts that are tested on the Ralley circuits across Europe and Africa, so buy with confidence gang!

If I didn't already have my issues sorted...

Mike

Prices:

Moustache bar $250

Front Diff Mount $150

I assume the front mount is intended for a Q45 R200 in a 1 gen Z car? Correct?

If so, you'll be the first to build a front Q45 R200 mount for our Z cars. Awesome work!!

Same goes for a mustache bar (Q45 R200)?

Thanks!!

Do the 300zxtt axles have to be shortened or modified? I didn't see this in the posts anywhere, may have missed it.

I would say yes,,. custom cv axles. When i did my z31 swap axles had to be shortened considerably. I sent them to the driveshaft shop with the measurements and they sent me back assembled chromoly shafts with z31 cvs that bolted in.

I was thinking.

The r230 adn r200 are good diffs BUT you are limited with gear slection. especially when you go with autos.

Anyone put any thought into something like this but using a ford 8.8 irs setup?

lots of aftermarket stuff for it to. irsjig.jpg

I was thinking.

The r230 adn r200 are good diffs BUT you are limited with gear slection. especially when you go with autos.

Anyone put any thought into something like this but using a ford 8.8 irs setup?

lots of aftermarket stuff for it to. irsjig.jpg

Jeez I'd love a setup like that, but I am sure my wallet won't...

Speeder - Did you follow thru and place your order? I'm curious to know your opinion. I'm also watching this thread like a hawk.

The thought of off loading all the new stuff that is still in boxes that will now be useless.

Tyson

• Like 1

I took a deep breath and placed the order last week.

My setup will include a hybrid R230 (Armada case/2.93 R&P with Z32 LSD input /output flanges) that has different mounting ears than the Z32TT diff so I will fabricate my own front mount. Also, I have raised my currently installed R230 diff to sit about 1-1/2 inches higher into a notched subframe, so I will provide measurements for Gabriel to custom machine the new moustache bar's mounting holes.

Except for the front mount, I will be getting the complete Technotoy setup as shown above. Very pretty and beefy stuff, can't wait to get it. I also have some beautiful tubular RCAs (Thanks Dan 74_5.0_260Z) to install at the same time.

Of course, I'll post pictures when it's installed. Since those 2.93s are way too long for my turbo L/ Gforce T5 setup, I'll use my existing standard 3.69 Z32 diff and make the new front mount for the hybrid diff when the Buick swap happens. (Yes, it really will, just don't ask when.)

I guess all who are following this have come to the same realization: Making big power is the easy part - The real challenge is hooking it while keeping your junk unbroken. With my 325/50-15 M/T DRs and stick shifted ~450 rwhp/500tq turbo motor, breakage has been a regular occurrence, and I've been most worried about those wimpy stock size stubs. I'll be giving the new rear a good tuneup for things to come.