HybridZ

Going to Tokyo for 2 weeks

Forrest

I've been wanting to visit Japan for 6 years and now I finally have the chance. Some friends of mine from my Japanese class organized a trip and now I'm going - no concrete plans other than 2 days in Osaka and Kyoto. There are a million things for tourists there, so I'm sure we won't get bored.

I'm going to see if I can stop by Kameari Engine Works, they recently posted a lot more L28 goodies for sale.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Just wish I could bring my Z over to the Wangan Expressway. Oh well, maybe we'll rent a Skyline.

Guest Death69

see if anyone has connections out there to take you to see some races. they are nothing like American street races, very exciting

I actually just came back from Japan a week ago. I had a blast! I bought a bunch of Fairlady Z books. I spent most of my time in the Osaka area and was in Tokyo for 3 days.

I stayed away from the touristy things and mostly did what locals do...ate where the locals eat (even KOBE BEEF IN KOBE). It was awesome!

I guess I was able to get around easily since I speak some Japanese :)

I lived in Japan for 7.5 years, visit all the time. I'm going to the Kansai area in June for 2 weeks as well. I'll mostly be in the ShinTanabe area in Kyoto, but right on the Nara/Kyoto/Osaka prefecture borders. And this trip I'll prolly venture down to Nagoya a few times to see if I can meet up with a guy I've met online on Mixi. (Japanese myspace) And I'll hit up the Meihan Sportsland a few times and see if I can bum a car and do some drifting and ♥♥♥♥. One buddy will take me to all the carting events and shops, and I'll break away with the wife and a few friends and we'll go hit another ryokan in the mountains of Kyoto. I'll be over there the 15-28th of June, if anyone in the area wants to hook up and we'll go trash some tires. My buddy has a built up Stagea, and we autocrossed it the last time I was there two years ago.

And I made a post on Ziptied about my trip, and someone over there put together a list of events in Japan for drifting.... http://dr1ft.jp/ click events.

Up Garage is on the corner of Rt 16 and Rt 246. There are a few ways to approach the store, right next to that Up Garage location is a place called Auto Zebra they used to have a few old Zs there. Up Garage was always a place to stop when I would adventure out to Zama or Atsugi, the only down side is that there was never much for S30s, but still a place worth seeing if you have the time. I plan to back to Japan next summer, I want to get into the private Nissan Collection of historic cars in Zama City. I got a friend who is an executive with Nissan USA who can get me in.

Is it near a station on the JR line? If so, can you give some basic directions from the station?

I used use the Keikyu Line and in my years there never used the JR line. Also I drove most of the places I went. I am sorry I can not help you with that. I think there is a train line that comes close to it but I am not sure of the station.