HybridZ

Exotic "SOUNDING", high revving V8! Read "ENTIRE" thread before posting!!!

Soo this is new news..

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=763

GT350 will be 5.4L NA V8 with a Ferrari-style-flat-plane crankshaft. Rev over 7000rpm and close to 600hp

Thank you for the update!!! I have a feeling this would be the case when Ford stressed the new GT350 would be NA. Everyone knew they'd be down on power but I had a feeling they might just go this radical with the "modern" look coming out that's supposed to be placing the mustang firmly in the future mindedness, instead of being "stuck in the past" as some of the current branding had caused.

This is certainly a step forward to making the statement "dedicated to engineering" that seems to be Ford's big push lately. I approve!

And best of all, I bet there will be crate motors available from ford racing under $10k, which is less than any custom crank I've seen....

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Here is the link to the new Shelby GT350 Mustang w/single plane crank and 8200 rpm redline. Sounds pretty sweet, too bad they only let you hear it right at the end.

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/listen-to-the-roar-of-ford-s-new-shelby-gt350-flat-plane-crank-v-8-191953660.html

Edited by JMortensen

• 4 months later...

I am. Probably will do a Coyote now and then swap in the Voodoo when available. Changed my T56 magnum to the Ford version.

I think it will sound much better with the right exhaust. They appear to have "Americanized" the sound to not lose traditional mustang customers with the GT350. The GT350R, sans resonators sounds better. Aside from the exhaust, firing order and center crank pins are different But it still has the alternating bank flat plane.

I'm SO glad that I'm not the only dude who thought about this thread recently. The Ford flat plane crank is going to set the world on fire.... it's awesome.

So who's already planning a build with one?

I am. Probably will do a Coyote now and then swap in the Voodoo when available. Changed my T56 magnum to the Ford version.

I think it will sound much better with the right exhaust. They appear to have "Americanized" the sound to not lose traditional mustang customers with the GT350. The GT350R, sans resonators sounds better. Aside from the exhaust, firing order and center crank pins are different But it still has the alternating bank flat plane.

yes I believe that too, I have yet to see a pic of the engine or exhaust system but I belived they had to do like a reverse 190 degree headers as to make it sound more American than European, BUT one will certainly be able to change that tone by using a different exhaust system, I wonder if one would have to buy the entire Crate engine or if you already have a modern Coyote now you could do part swaps to convert the engine(including crank, and all that ofcourse)