HybridZ

Don't throw out those early 70's hubcaps.

BrandonsZ

I sold a set of really rusted hubcaps for over $140, I was certainly surprised they sold for that much. They were rusted, pitted, I sent people interested many pictures of the rust close up and they were still interested, some were out of the country and couldn't bid somehow, and wanted me to sell to them directly, why? Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone wants rusted bent 14" rims with extreamly cracked tires before I pay $5.00 to dispose of them. :-D Maybe I shouldn't have thrown out that old radio with the missing knobs.

Mine were the "D" style

"240Z had 14-inch wheel hubcaps with five rectangular holes and large chrome D (for Datsun) in the center. 260Z and 280Z had 14-inch wheel hubcaps with five triangular holes and a large Z in the center. "

I guess the "D" means $ ;)

But hold the phone, the ashtray is worth $100??? I got one I'm not using! Really? $100 :icon52:

BrandonZ,

Did the guy who bought your hubcaps offer to send you a check for $5000.00, which you cash and keep what he owes you along with a little for your trouble, then send him the remainder? :)

JK, glad you got a good price for them, but it does seem a bit much.

Wheelman